xtreme1k

It was time for a change!

Well as the title reads I finally came to the realization that I was headed down a path I had been down before, and didn't want to travel again, so, I traded the Gixxer for another bike. Due to recent events with some of our own, and myself, I came to the very real truth that I was just not mature enough to control the throttle on the gix. Some dude in a Chrysler 300M wanted to play last week and like a dumb ass I decided to play too. When I finally pulled away at 150 mph(not hitting it real hard) and wound her up to 175mph, I new I was taking it WAAAAAY to far. Every time I am in that situation I do the same thing. The gix is just flat out balls to the wall fast and I was to eager to show it. You'd think at 45 years old I'd know better but I guess I'm a very slow learner, so without further adue, here is my new ride:

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Classic with drag bars. She only has 2300 miles on her!

newRoadstar007.jpg

newRoadstar006.jpg

newRoadstar002.jpg

I ordered the backrest, windshield and passenger floorboards today as well. She is definatly old school. Air cooled and carburated. She's gonna sound sweet when I get some pipes on her. I know I'm on the "dark side" now, but remember, I still have a very nice R1 to ride as well! O, and I will be loosing the "white walls' as soon as I can.

Good for you Tony :thumbsup:

I almost came to the same conclusion after my last get off on the 1st. Figured 2 in less than a year, the one last year I knew what I did wrong :down: :biggrin: .

The latest one made me think a little more because I had slowed my pace and still went down, after talking with friends and my biggest supporter my wife I decided to get back on again.

Since you are on a cruiser now, maybe I will take my first rider with you after I get the bike back together :thumbsup:

Thanks . I will miss the old bike, but I won't miss the risks i was taking. I know I was in control, but that was the problem.....I wasn't in control. I have a family to think of and I made the tough choice. I'd be lyin if i said i wasn't a bit misty when I left the old girl behind. I just hope she finds a good home.

Mike that sounds great. I have been in the mood for some smoked meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think of a riverdock ride?

Thanks . I will miss the old bike, but I won't miss the risks i was taking. I know I was in control, but that was the problem.....I wasn't in control. I have a family to think of and I made the tough choice. I'd be lyin if i said i wasn't a bit misty when I left the old girl behind. I just hope she finds a good home.

Mike that sounds great. I have been in the mood for some smoked meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think of a riverdock ride?

Should be up and running in about 2 weeks, insurance check came Friday order parts Monday should have them in 5 to 7 business days and will need a day or 2 to get it pieced back together :thumbsup:

Will keep you updated..

keep me posted. I won't be bringin the new bike on any twisty rides cause she's a little low to the ground and drags real easy. I need to adjust the suspension and raise the ass end up a touch.

dang. that gixxer was sick. if timing was different, I would have mentioned to you a long time ago that if you ever got rid of it, I'd like a shot at it. couldn't make it happen now anyway.

congrats on the new ride :thumbsup:

Yeah Kev, I was gonna give you a call, but i know you said the time wasn't right so I just traded her in. I pretty much traded it straight across, the gix for the Roadstar. I spent over a week looking for the right bike and finally found what i was looking for in the right price range. I am real happy with the new bike.

Roadstars are sweet rides Tony, they sound great with aftermarket pipes. lots of goodies for them too, nice pick. :cool: :cool:

Gonna look a little funny ridin' that star with your full face and knee pucks :biggrin:

Congrats Tony!!!! Gonna have to let me throw a leg over her before I leave...

Community leathers back on the market??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats Tony!!!! Gonna have to let me throw a leg over her before I leave...

Community leathers back on the market??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yep, they sure are Ty! And I'll give you a hell of a deal too! I also have the size 43 sidi boots if you want some spares :biggrin:

But I am keeping my kickass helmet!

Tony-

It sure seems like that "change" word is in the air, and it is inevitable despite our initial reluctance or resistance to it. Interestingly, when you look at the life span of a motorcyclist, it is full of changes or progressions that we often don't contemplate. For example, many of us started off with Honda 50's or equivalent, progressed to various size dirt bikes, sport bikes, dual purpose bikes, sport tourers, etc. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before you, me, and others change the focal point of our sport. So, enjoy your next step or stage as you did your previous ones, and with no regret but only enjoying the present and perhaps looking forward.

Regards,

DrJ

:thumbsup:

Yep, they sure are Ty! And I'll give you a hell of a deal too! I also have the size 43 sidi boots if you want some spares :biggrin:

But I am keeping my kickass helmet!

Consider the leathers sold 100%!!!! :thumbsup:

We'll see about the boots...

Give me a call this week after work!

:ohmy: :huh::wacko: :mad: :confused: :smile: :thumbsup:

:ninja:

I know I felt the same way at first! But now I get a big smile on my face when I go in the garage and see the new bike. She really is Beautiful in person!

post-727-1213733758_thumb.jpgpost-727-1213733823_thumb.jpgI'm a little partial to the yamaha myself, if you think that roadstar is fun for a cruiser, throw your leg over a roadstar warrior sometime. To each his own but yours is a good looking ride and its always better to be safe than dead.

post-727-1213733758_thumb.jpgpost-727-1213733823_thumb.jpgI'm a little partial to the yamaha myself, if you think that roadstar is fun for a cruiser, throw your leg over a roadstar warrior sometime. To each his own but yours is a good looking ride and its always better to be safe than dead.

take it from me, that warrior will run the twisties all day long. Ive seen the rear of that bike for many a mile :yes: it'll even run down a duc. :ninja:

take it from me, that warrior will run the twisties all day long. Ive seen the rear of that bike for many a mile :yes: it'll even run down a duc. :ninja:

yeah, but those dragstrip runs sure are a killer..... :whistling: :biggrin:

I am the same way, I can not ride a Rocket, I push it too hard.

I guess my MX background makes me think that I should come out of corners with elbows up and the front wheel in the air? When I get out on the road I feel like I am on a big dirt bike and forget that there are laws, and asphalt.....

I think about the kid everytime I consider a street bike and get grumpy for a couple days before I rationalize and say, " I know better".