Brooder

Suspension Settings

I can't remember what the rear sag should be when setting up the suspension (why oh why couldn't we bring the books home). Does anyone know the distance should I can correct some bad advice on another forum?

Most suggest 30mm of sag for street use and 25mm for the track (taking stiction into account). Good luck!

I can't remember what the rear sag should be when setting up the suspension (why oh why couldn't we bring the books home). Does anyone know the distance should I can correct some bad advice on another forum?

The range is about 28-32mm for the rear. (32-38mm in front)

I was suprised that they aren't allowing the books to be brought home...must be a money thing....I'll see what I can do about that.

The range is about 28-32mm for the rear. (32-38mm in front)

I was suprised that they aren't allowing the books to be brought home...must be a money thing....I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks for the info, StickS. I had a guy saying "Use setting 5 and you'll be fine." Odd that he would suggest measuring and setting it properly considering he's out resident bike guru.

Thanks for the info, StickS. I had a guy saying "Use setting 5 and you'll be fine." Odd that he would suggest measuring and setting it properly considering he's out resident bike guru.

Anytime :thumbsup: I'm not sure how he came up with an exact setting...unless maybe he knows your riding weight and the spring rate of your bike (or he has the identical bike and weighs the same as you).

Anytime :thumbsup: I'm not sure how he came up with an exact setting...unless maybe he knows your riding weight and the spring rate of your bike (or he has the identical bike and weighs the same as you).

It wasn't for me, but another member. And yes, we all have the same bike (Katanas). Weight, I don't know. I passed on the info and I hope it helps both of them.

It wasn't for me, but another member. And yes, we all have the same bike (Katanas). Weight, I don't know. I passed on the info and I hope it helps both of them.

What kind of sag? and on what end of the bike? and what are you planning to do with it?

As I understand it, the amount of sag you dial in on your particular bike is actually dependent upon the total amount of suspension travel your bike has. This number varies from bike to bike, and is also different for the front and back of each bike. I set my sag at 1/3 of my total suspension travel. Some may only set it at 1/4. Often this is not the 30-35mm number that many people use. What number you utilize is also dependent upon where you will be riding your bike as well as your style of riding.... Just another opinion for what it's worth--probably not much, but I felt like sharing! :biggrin:

DrJ