ibkevman

Ride to Work Day, 2008

my god what was this thread about again??? :biggrin:

I think it was about...................................

2girls1cup.gif

2 Girls 1 Cup! :biggrin:

Well, the safety checks meant nothing on the base. I was coming in today and followed a guy with brown dress shoes, black leather jacket, and no vest on. He got through the gate somehow. I understand that we need to respect the regs and follow them, but when even the folks at the gate don't care, most folks who don't want to wear the gear won't either. It's not like a ticket needs to be written. Even augmentees can say "Sorry. You're not in reg. You can't come on base. Turn left there and leave." Top down or bottom up, until it gets enforced, it's going to continue happening.

Typical statement from a true member of the "Chairforce." Put your money where your mouth is, come out at 0445 to 1430, get yourself a rifle from the armory (you do remember what a rifle is right? Thats that long metal thing you fired in Basic) and show us how to be perfect at the gate since you seem to be such an expert. You are CORDIALLY INVITED to meet me at Building 1970 to show us how an "expert" keeps the wrong people off base AND makes sure little Johnny civilian who could give a crap less what the reg says doesn't show up wearing brown dress shoes while riding his motorcycle. I would surmise you will no doubt remain hidden behind your bold internet statements of superiority at such important tasks as enforcing standards that people are supposed to be following on their own, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that somewhere deep down inside you might have a shred of manhood willing to put your money where your mouth is, and let us all know just how easy it is to work that gate and catch every single little microscopic detail that might not be 100% correct. Or you can just sit there and let us all know the inefficiencies that are so easily pointed out while continually disregarding the overall tight security that is maintained at that installation. You know what, now that I think about it, maybe I should have just disregarded that two year old I found wandering the streets at 6 AM in Patriots Housing. Maybe I shouldn't have spent over 2 hours banging on doors and waking people up trying to reunite him with his parents that I finally found over 5 blocks away from where he wandered to after he got out of his house as his parents slept. You're right Brooder, the priority of Security Forces is far out of whack, since us folks at the gate don't care about Johnny wearing brown dress shoes when the base regulation is widely available to him yet he (like so many) chooses to disregard it. Thank you Brooder, I have finally seen the error of my own and my entire flight's ways, we will make sure that we are concentrating most of our attention on the "right" things during the daily performance of our duties so that YOU are not provided with the inconvenience of seeing a grown ass responsible adult disregard simple policies. From this day forward there will be no more anti-terrorism measures, Base Installation Entry Point Checks, or even Random Anti-terrorism checks. We have a new mission, led by Brooder. :thumbsup: