Country_Agent

Found a bike need suggestions (maybe someone to look at the bike with me)

The bike has the following:

Muzzy fell exhaust

PCIII Power Commander

Lowering Links

Chrome Wheels

Extended Swingarm (3-4 inches)

Double bubble windscreen

Undertail eliminator

Chrome (gas cap, heel guards, foot pegs, helmet tie downs)

Custom paint (painted bike solid color instead of the stock platinum/purple)

Iridium turn signals

As far as plastic, there is a small crack on the very far end of the lowest part of the bike. I can take a close up if you want to see the damage.

As far s gas mileage, I have never paid attention to it, but I suspect it would be like my ZX-14 (from 38 to 25 depending on how much you twist the throttle). The bike came off the dyno with just the pipe and PCIII at 175hp to the rear wheel. It is a super clean bike and I don’t need to sell it, but with the ZX-14 and other bikes, I need to let something go.

As far as plastic, there is a small crack on the very far end of the lowest part of the bike. I can take a close up if you want to see the damage.

I am getting this for around $5800 but have not worked one a bike in about 5 years since I moved down to STL. Can anyone look at this with me in Shiloh, Il? I live in South County and could pick you up. Overall this seems like the best deal I have found.

post-528-1224026371_thumb.jpg

post-528-1224026376_thumb.jpg

The bike has the following:

Muzzy fell exhaust

PCIII Power Commander

Lowering Links

Chrome Wheels

Extended Swingarm (3-4 inches)

Double bubble windscreen

Undertail eliminator

Chrome (gas cap, heel guards, foot pegs, helmet tie downs)

Custom paint (painted bike solid color instead of the stock platinum/purple)

Iridium turn signals

As far s gas mileage, I have never paid attention to it, but I suspect it would be like my ZX-14 (from 38 to 25 depending on how much you twist the throttle). The bike came off the dyno with just the pipe and PCIII at 175hp to the rear wheel. It is a super clean bike and I don’t need to sell it, but with the ZX-14 and other bikes, I need to let something go.

I am getting this for around $5800 but have not worked one a bike in about 5 years since I moved down to STL. Can anyone look at this with me in Shiloh, Il? I live in South County and could pick you up. Overall this seems like the best deal I have found.

This is just my :twocents:

chrome wheels are bad.....for many reasons

lowering is bad......for many reasons mainly geometry

extended swingarm is shit unless you are at a drag strip

custom paint means a wrecked bike

I would run from this bike

This is just my :twocents:

chrome wheels are bad.....for many reasons

lowering is bad......for many reasons mainly geometry

extended swingarm is shit unless you are at a drag strip

custom paint means a wrecked bike

I would run from this bike

I am 5"6" so I need a lowered bike. lol The swingarm I like as it will keep the bike down. Thanks for the info how do I run a carfax on bikes?

I am 5"6" so I need a lowered bike. lol The swingarm I like as it will keep the bike down. Thanks for the info how do I run a carfax on bikes?

You should call Ted's they have a nice lowered blue ZX-14 believe it has a longer swingarm on it, very low miles and a good price they want to un load it quick. It has a full exhaust on it with PC111 as well.

Call 618-462-3030 Ask for John in sales....

You should call Ted's they have a nice lowered blue ZX-14 believe it has a longer swingarm on it, very low miles and a good price they want to un load it quick. It has a full exhaust on it with PC111 as well.

Call 618-462-3030 Ask for John in sales....

Does he have an email address? I dont want to tied up on the phone due to work.

that is the bike.

i do love the zx12r . i almost bought one a few weeks back and decided to get the drz400sm instead

keeps me out of trouble somewhat. lol.

as cool as that zx12 looks i would agree with al. this bike has probably had the crap run out of it

and or wrecked.

good luck :thumbsup:

That's it only has about 3000 miles on it and can't remember the price but it is a good deal!

i was just there sunday and i believe the price was 7500.00

Not to sound down on the bike, but a lowered, stretched sportbike is going to handle like total shit. That's the nicest way I can put it.

Not to sound down on the bike, but a lowered, stretched sportbike is going to handle like total shit. That's the nicest way I can put it.

I agree

Brice, what are you looking to do with this bike? Ride back roads? Track? Drag? or just city streets?

This bike sounds like something you could only drag or ride straight city streets and talk to people about the bike at bike nights.

How experienced of a rider are you?

You may just want to stick to a stock set-up bike so you can do many different things with it. A heavily modded bike raises suspicion of a crash or drag racing... which usually leads to a headache of a bike down the road. :twocents: :twocents:

Brice, what are you looking to do with this bike? Ride back roads? Track? Drag? or just city streets?

This bike sounds like something you could only drag or ride straight city streets and talk to people about the bike at bike nights.

You may just want to stick to a stock set-up bike so you can do many different things with it. A heavily modded bike raises suspicion of a crash or drag racing... which usually leads to a headache of a bike down the road. :twocents: :twocents:

Not so much twisties but just a lot of back and forth to work and highway riding. I will never take it to the strip or drag not my style. I have ridin since I was young first bike 750 katana when I was 17, then a TL1000R when I was 18, then back to the GSXR 750 when I was 21 then a Harley last year. I just was scared to have one with 2 little girls living all the way out by Troy but now that I only a few miles from my office it will be better. The bike I can handle I just want to make sure I dont get ripped off.

I have a few that have offered to look at the bike with me. I am not as mechanically inclined as I once was but more so I am pussy and dont want to get my hands dirty anymore. lol Anyways, the few I have coming with me should be able to tell me plenty and if the bike is POS or not.

FWIW Brice,

My good friend has a

1. Stretched

2. Lowered

3. Custom Painted

4. Chrome Wheeled

He suffered a small crash at a TD that scuffed up the upper, and he always wanted custom paint...

He takes it to the occasional Midnight madness and runs it at the strip, no different than playing on the back roads as far as abuse goes.

He METICULOUSLY maintains the bike, I would have no issue purchasing that bike from him.

Basiscally what I'm getting at is, if its a bike you would enjpy... dont sweat the mods... I would be VERY adament however to see service records, thorough service records. Get receipts for the paint work, check the back side of the body work for repair or replacement, search the bike over for tell tale signs of crash damage that may not have been replaced. If the owner maintained it well he should have all records to back it up, if he has nothing, well thats the risk of buying used.

Sounds like a good price, however I have zero concept of the value of that model.

FWIW Brice,

My good friend has a

1. Stretched

2. Lowered

3. Custom Painted

4. Chrome Wheeled

He suffered a small crash at a TD that scuffed up the upper, and he always wanted custom paint...

He takes it to the occasional Midnight madness and runs it at the strip, no different than playing on the back roads as far as abuse goes.

He METICULOUSLY maintains the bike, I would have no issue purchasing that bike from him.

Basiscally what I'm getting at is, if its a bike you would enjpy... dont sweat the mods... I would be VERY adament however to see service records, thorough service records. Get receipts for the paint work, check the back side of the body work for repair or replacement, search the bike over for tell tale signs of crash damage that may not have been replaced. If the owner maintained it well he should have all records to back it up, if he has nothing, well thats the risk of buying used.

Sounds like a good price, however I have zero concept of the value of that model.

Does your buddy want to sell the bike? Thanks for the help Tim I never really thought about looking at the back of the plastic but that is a great idea I should be able to pop off a few of the fairings and check it out.

Does your buddy want to sell the bike? Thanks for the help Tim I never really thought about looking at the back of the plastic but that is a great idea I should be able to pop off a few of the fairings and check it out.

nah he loves that thing, he'll have it for awhile unless something changes. If he ever sells I'll let you know, I think you may have his policy... I lose track of all the guys I've referred you! you rock dude!

When you look I'd check the upper right by the clip ons, usually a good point of impact. Doesnt hekp you out if its been replaced with OEM but it may have just been repaired. You can USUALLY tell a difference between aftermarket plastic and OEM.

I'd be more interested in the service records, we all know things happen to bikes that arent the end of em. Check the brakes, stearing head etc, I'm sure whomever is going with you has some more input.

good luck bro!

tim

I used this when I bought my used bike last June... seemed like a reasonable price.

http://www.cyclechex.com/