spdrcr

Dual Sports

I am thinking of purchasing a dual sport of some sort this winter. It will probably be a used and abused one unless I hit the lottery. I am leaning more towards an XR than a KLR or DR. I've had a dual sport before and loved it.

If I come accross some money I want one of these.

honda-xl700v-transal_1280x0w.jpg

Any thoughts?

I have been wanting the XR 650 L for quite some time. There are a lot of little back roads around me where I could have fun each night for a few hours and a lot of trails off the road.

Maybe next year :thumbsup:

Matt-

I really like the looks of Trans as well as the other dual sports. As I recall, the KLR was/is a favorite of many because it's bullerproof and quite affordable. Don't forget to pick up a really good GPS, too.

In years past, I used to do some of that dual-sporting on my Suzuki DRZ 400E. What an absolute blast. If it were not for my wrist, I'd be out there with ya exploring the various Missouri and Arkansas dirt roads...

DrJ

I rode for 2 years on a Honda XR650R with a dual-sport kit. It was awesome for commuting, and handy on the backroads (or as handy as you can be with a 95mph-ish top speed). I eventually sold it because I was getting too many tickets on it. Now I kind of regret selling it, even with its super limited range, uncomfortable seat, and permanent injury creating kickstart.

Photo_021007_001.jpg

I am wanting one also Matt. I would like to try some Colorado trips and just good local missiouri street/back road rides. I think a KLR would be in my interest. If I didn't already have a dirt bike then the Suzuki DRZ or XR would be a choice.

I am thinking of purchasing a dual sport of some sort this winter. It will probably be a used and abused one unless I hit the lottery. I am leaning more towards an XR than a KLR or DR. I've had a dual sport before and loved it.

If I come accross some money I want one of these.

honda-xl700v-transal_1280x0w.jpg

Any thoughts?