throttle demon

things change

After considering the changes to this once great club that have happened over the last year or so I have decided to NOT renew my membership.

By not renewing I can save myself the embarrassment of being associated with what has become a lackluster group of crashers and posers

There was a day when STLAR was mentioned it would bring to mind a string of backroad outlaws who's destination was the most challenging road

not a slice of pie. Most riders in the area lacked enough confidence in there own skills to join in on our rides even though they wished they could.

All day rail sessions have been replaced by moderate paced ride with a "spirited run here and there". :mod_smilie_jerkit: I can't remember the last time

I have seen balled up rubber on a tire during A STLAR ride, oh wait, yes i can and it was on my bike! Almost every weekend people end up in the trees even

though they aren't riding any where near triple digit speeds. :loser: " oh look, burning leaves!" Pathetic! I'll no doubt see you all out on the roads from time to time

and will use such opportunities to strafe through the group like you were a bunch of moving pylons. :crybaby2:

:lol::teehee:MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!

Sometime, I really just want to wring your neck, Dan....

I have been saying the same thing for years

Very funny Dan...

I can't remember the last time you were even on a ride... Making fun of someone just because they had one little mistake is a new low for you... I've had to hold my tongue for the duration of my time here and now that it's just about over I can finally speak my mind a little. You and your elitist, "if you can't ride triple digits all day long", "sportbikes only or you shouldn't be here", "trackies should just go be trekies" attitude is wearing a little thin with me. BTW you still owe me for gas for picking you up off the side of the road.

I have been saying the same thing for years

Oh great your back! That's all I need.

Back...... Not a chance. I will hang out and drink every once in awhile

I will be starting a new riding groups called OFF, Old Freaking Farts. Dan you can be member 2 ! I'll ball up my tires for you any day big guy!! :D

I'm really feeling the love right now, I'm all warm inside. Oh, waite my "depends" are full, crap !!!!

In the years that I have been a member, I have NEVER seen so much complaining as I have in the last week. Why is it that a discussion talking about new directors stirs up so many whining sessions? If you don’t want to be a member, then don’t pay dues. Why do you need to advertise to the entire club what pisses you off?? If you want a fast passed ride, POST IT! If you want to do something or have an idea, POST IT! Should everyone in the club read your mind and post something they are not interested in doing?

And when did STLAR become a group of professional riders that won’t help out newbies? I started as a newbie and have gotten a lot of guidance and help throughout the years. I never would be riding like I am today if it wasn’t for this club. I don’t like super fast rides, because I’m not comfortable with them. If there is a post where they say it is a spirited ride, I don’t go.

And if you are (or were) a member and want to complain about the directors or the way the club is being run, why are you posting it in the general area? This shows a lot of maturity for the younger/newer club members. All they are going to see is a bunch of whiners and not want to be around the club. They should be able to make of their own minds about the rides and activities.

After considering the changes to this once great club that have happened over the last year or so I have decided to NOT renew my membership.

By not renewing I can save myself the embarrassment of being associated with what has become a lackluster group of crashers and posers

There was a day when STLAR was mentioned it would bring to mind a string of backroad outlaws who's destination was the most challenging road

not a slice of pie. Most riders in the area lacked enough confidence in there own skills to join in on our rides even though they wished they could.

All day rail sessions have been replaced by moderate paced ride with a "spirited run here and there". :mod_smilie_jerkit: I can't remember the last time

I have seen balled up rubber on a tire during A STLAR ride, oh wait, yes i can and it was on my bike! Almost every weekend people end up in the trees even

though they aren't riding any where near triple digit speeds. :loser: " oh look, burning leaves!" Pathetic! I'll no doubt see you all out on the roads from time to time

and will use such opportunities to strafe through the group like you were a bunch of moving pylons. :crybaby2:

sniff, sniff...................smells like sarcasm. I call :bs:

you couldn't leave us because nobody else would take you :D

:pop1::pop1::pop1:

you're an idiot :D

sniff, sniff...................smells like sarcasm. I call :bs:

you couldn't leave us because nobody else would take you :D

regardless, it's extremely poor timing on his part, thus confirming the fact that "newer people" to the club hate people like him & are turned off by such comments

good job, dan :handclap:

you're an idiot :D

regardless, it's extremely poor timing on his part, thus confirming the fact that "newer people" to the club hate people like him & are turned off by such comments

good job, dan :handclap:

Since I got first associated with the club it probably had rolled over 4 times now with only a hand full of people still around. I havent been a paid member the past couple of director terms because 1. I dont ride back roads rides very much anymore 2. I dont make the meetings(maybe 1 a year) and 3. I normally just call a few people to ride( That weeds out the idiots) anyway the point im trying to make is everytime the club changes it goes in a differnt direction. take the good with the bad people come and go.

In the years that I have been a member, I have NEVER seen so much complaining as I have in the last week. Why is it that a discussion talking about new directors stirs up so many whining sessions? If you don’t want to be a member, then don’t pay dues. Why do you need to advertise to the entire club what pisses you off?? If you want a fast passed ride, POST IT! If you want to do something or have an idea, POST IT! Should everyone in the club read your mind and post something they are not interested in doing?

And when did STLAR become a group of professional riders that won’t help out newbies? I started as a newbie and have gotten a lot of guidance and help throughout the years. I never would be riding like I am today if it wasn’t for this club. I don’t like super fast rides, because I’m not comfortable with them. If there is a post where they say it is a spirited ride, I don’t go.

And if you are (or were) a member and want to complain about the directors or the way the club is being run, why are you posting it in the general area? This shows a lot of maturity for the younger/newer club members. All they are going to see is a bunch of whiners and not want to be around the club. They should be able to make of their own minds about the rides and activities.

A-FUCKEN-MEN!!!!

This is a sad proof that men are truly as bad as if not worse than women! Whiney ass bitches. Be in the fucking club, if you wanna do a fast ass balls to the wall ride post it, say if your ass can't keep up you will be left behind!!! This isn't rocket science but you are treating it like a communist country or a middle school fucking playground. GROW THE FUCK UP! AND you call yourselves MEN!

Next topic.......Who's gonna be the fucking homecoming queen and did you see mike's shoes????

Fucking idiots!

Next topic.......Who's gonna be the fucking homecoming queen and did you see mike's shoes????

Well, there are only a handful of us girls...so...Amy has my vote! :teehee:

Since I got first associated with the club it probably had rolled over 4 times now with only a hand full of people still around. I havent been a paid member the past couple of director terms because 1. I dont ride back roads rides very much anymore 2. I dont make the meetings(maybe 1 a year) and 3. I normally just call a few people to ride( That weeds out the idiots) anyway the point im trying to make is everytime the club changes it goes in a differnt direction. take the good with the bad people come and go.

You just get better so we can look at you without your shirt on! :) You don't call me......oh wait, I'm slow. That's why!

Well, there are only a handful of us girls...so...Amy has my vote! :teehee:

I think Randy should, he's awfully pretty now! I think I have a dress for him too. It's stretchy so it should be good.

Randy.....we need shirtless pics please, k thanks!! :)

You just get better so we can look at you without your shirt on! :) You don't call me......oh wait, I'm slow. That's why!

im working on it. and the last street ride i was on you were there.

im working on it. and the last street ride i was on you were there.

;) I know! I was also at your birthday party last year!

........Little did you know I stalk you. :whistling:

Damn it Dan!

The smart ones figured out the sarcasm...

Thanks for helping me out... This place is killing me right now... It's physically painful and I needed a Blazing Bob today. Dan asked me a while ago to make him "not a member" because he didn't feel he was contributing enough to the club right now due to life situations. I'm facing some life changes myself and I just needed some fun today. I'm home with a 101.4 temp (Amy, you were still contagious and venture to say that you always will be but not in this fashion.) and in my fever induced stupor, came up with a little diversion just for fun.

The last few days have been very disappointing for me. I was hoping that the people whom I respect the most would be able to pull together and come up with a solution to help me move on with my life and the things I need to accomplish. Instead all I've witnessed is power mongering, in fighting, and what appears to me to be resume posting and almost came to name calling. I should have listened to some past directors and simply named my successor and avoided all this turmoil. I regret that now. I hope that you can all stop posting long enough to think about what is really important and best for the club and come up with a solution. I've seen the other clubs do this same thing and the result... well... let's just say... it was less that optimal.

In the mean time.... "Dan... There were burning leaves!!!"

Hey big guy ask and you shall receive! :D All this time you should have been riding the way that I do, time yourself on every back road and screw the rest. Don't have the balls to hang GTFO! :D

Damn it Dan!

The smart ones figured out the sarcasm...

Thanks for helping me out... This place is killing me right now... It's physically painful and I needed a Blazing Bob today. Dan asked me a while ago to make him "not a member" because he didn't feel he was contributing enough to the club right now due to life situations. I'm facing some life changes myself and I just needed some fun today. I'm home with a 101.4 temp (Amy, you were still contagious and venture to say that you always will be but not in this fashion.) and in my fever induced stupor, came up with a little diversion just for fun.

The last few days have been very disappointing for me. I was hoping that the people whom I respect the most would be able to pull together and come up with a solution to help me move on with my life and the things I need to accomplish. Instead all I've witnessed is power mongering, in fighting, and what appears to me to be resume posting and almost came to name calling. I should have listened to some past directors and simply named my successor and avoided all this turmoil. I regret that now. I hope that you can all stop posting long enough to think about what is really important and best for the club and come up with a solution. I've seen the other clubs do this same thing and the result... well... let's just say... it was less that optimal.

In the mean time.... "Dan... There were burning leaves!!!"