IAmCitizenMe

New to forum--New to motorcycles

Hello all.

My name is Chris. I own a 1978 Honda CB550. I've had it for about a year. It is my first motorcycle and I am hooked, a junkie. I am in the middle of restoring the bike to optimum condition, but my newbie-ous-ness is making the learning process slow and sometimes painful. If anyone has some technical advice, my ears are open. Talk to you soon.

Chris

Welcome!

Thanks.

The ride:

IMG_1745.jpg

:handclap: your bike is in great shape!! are you going to restore it to original specs? Looks like all it needs to be original is exhaust.

is that all original paint? are the speedo and tach faces still in good shape?

:handclap: your bike is in great shape!! are you going to restore it to original specs? Looks like all it needs to be original is exhaust.

is that all original paint? are the speedo and tach faces still in good shape?

Thanks, Mr. Demon. My bike is indeed in great shape. I want to get it as close to stock as possible. The only things it needs are the exhaust, as you pointed out, and headlight ears/bucket. The tach/speedo look brand new and yes, that is the original paint.

Mr. Demon.

:umm: whenever I hear "Mr." in front of my name it usually means I'm in the back of a squad.

:umm: whenever I hear "Mr." in front of my name it usually means I'm in the back of a squad.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm just lazy and typing Mr. is faster than typing Throttle. Yea, I'm lazy.

welcome-banner2.jpg

You can call him TD for Throttle Demon or Tiny Di... well what ever...

Nice bike...

Sounds like you need to hear about the Mid Ohio Vintage Bike Swap Meet.... I think there is someone around :whistling: :whistling: that will help you find that.

Nice Bike you have there! Welcome!!!

:welcomesign:

Nice to see another south county rider around here.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm just lazy and typing Mr. is faster than typing Throttle. Yea, I'm lazy.

He meant in the back of a squad (police) car.

:welcomesign:

Nice to see another south county rider around here.

He meant in the back of a squad (police) car.

Thanks, everyone!

welcome - I'd love to buy a CB to wrench on

Welcome. Nice bike.

DrJ

:mod_smilie_hitit:

That thurr is a pretty CB!!! DUDE! That Honda is SCREAMING Cafe Racer! Ooooooh what I would do with that thing! Hmmm, I did just sell the Busa. I also just bought a front loading washer and dryer + pedestals. What Erin doesn't know won't hurt her............................. Craigslist ..............................

Welcome to the party!

I thought about making it a cafe. But it is so close to stock, that I'd rather buy an old, beat up barn-find CB and cafe it from the rust up. I'm also planning on stripping down an '84 Goldwing in the near future.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys/gals here, and some fun rides as well. I had been looking for a cheap CB to buy and fix up (maybe cafe, maybe just paint, and ride, who knows) but have also been exploring some other options, old goldwings (nakeds) etc...We'll see what the wife lets me buy. You sir, have a nice looking ride, and i'd definitely rock that to get off the SV every now and then. Hope to see you at some rides this season. :) Ride safe!