JTProuhet

New to the forum from LSL, mo

Whats up guys! I've been riding for about a month now. Ive got an 02 CBR600f4i.. Always looking for people to go riding with.

Welcome!

Thanks guys! And im not sure where to post but, Cycle Gear is having a sale on tires. They are Dunlop SportMax Q2 (dual compound). For a 180 back tire set is $199, and a 190 rear tire set is $209.. The sale is on saturday, but you can go in and pay for them, you just have to pick them up on saturday inorder to get that price. The manager showed me their cost on the set with the 190 and it was like $351. I am going to try a 190 rear tire on my bike. But also everything in the store is 10% off..

Whats up guys! I've been riding for about a month now. Ive got an 02 CBR600f4i.. Always looking for people to go riding with.

Welcome aboard! St. Charles area also. I am always up for a ride as well!

See ya around.

Welcome!

Used to have an 01 F4i, and loved it...

DrJ

Welcome!

Used to have an 01 F4i, and loved it...

DrJ

I love the bike.. Thinkin about trading it for a newer cbr.. Mine has 22k miles on it. I rode my buddies 06 GSXR600 yesterday.. Not a big fan of it.. I wouldnt mind riding an R6 and see what they are like

thanks for the warm welcome guys

I love the bike.. Thinkin about trading it for a newer cbr.. Mine has 22k miles on it. I rode my buddies 06 GSXR600 yesterday.. Not a big fan of it.. I wouldnt mind riding an R6 and see what they are like

thanks for the warm welcome guys

22k miles! It's still getting broken in. Don't get rid of it just because of the miles.

22k miles! It's still getting broken in. Don't get rid of it just because of the miles.

everyone tells me thats alot of miles for a bike.. haha im new to street bikes! Ive rode dirt bikes my whole life so i am clueless when it comes to these beasts. Riding a street bike is more than i ever imagined. Ive always wanted one since i turned 16 and money never allowed for it and then bout 3 years ago my aunt was hit on her harley and they had to amputate her leg and that made me never want one and then i got the urge again so i just went and bought one. It is so much fun. Ill never go without owning a bike again. haha and all my relatives are saying that i need to sell it and never ride.. and i always come back with the: People die in cars everyday! But everyday we get in our cars and drive down the rode.. and they say no more haha

everyone tells me thats alot of miles for a bike.. haha im new to street bikes! Ive rode dirt bikes my whole life so i am clueless when it comes to these beasts. Riding a street bike is more than i ever imagined. Ive always wanted one since i turned 16 and money never allowed for it and then bout 3 years ago my aunt was hit on her harley and they had to amputate her leg and that made me never want one and then i got the urge again so i just went and bought one. It is so much fun. Ill never go without owning a bike again. haha and all my relatives are saying that i need to sell it and never ride.. and i always come back with the: People die in cars everyday! But everyday we get in our cars and drive down the rode.. and they say no more haha

Only a salesman will tell you that's a lot of miles. If you maintain it properly you will get many many more miles out of it. Save your money for gear and tires :headbang:

Only a salesman will tell you that's a lot of miles. If you maintain it properly you will get many many more miles out of it. Save your money for gear and tires :headbang:

What maintenance is there on this beasts besides oil/filter, air filter and spark plugs? The bike runs great. It has a little studder off the line, but once i get above 4-5k in 1st it runs great. I smell gas every now and then riding, so i kinda think my FPR is going out or shot.. Im pretty mechanicaly inclined so im not afraid to tear into it haha Im putting a set of tires on it next week cause my front is a Pirelli and the back is a Michelin Pilot Power, but the rear has a plug in it. and i never knew the risks of running with a plug.. So after i heard that, i ordered new tires. And ive got a Joe Rocket Honda textile jacket and Shoei RF1000 helmet and A-Star gloves, and just ordered a Joe Rocket Honda Leather jacket this morning from the newenough.com website.. They were on closeout for $139 bux so i couldnt pass it up. Sorry for the books i write haha

What maintenance is there on this beasts besides oil/filter, air filter and spark plugs? The bike runs great. It has a little studder off the line, but once i get above 4-5k in 1st it runs great. I smell gas every now and then riding, so i kinda think my FPR is going out or shot.. Im pretty mechanicaly inclined so im not afraid to tear into it haha Im putting a set of tires on it next week cause my front is a Pirelli and the back is a Michelin Pilot Power, but the rear has a plug in it. and i never knew the risks of running with a plug.. So after i heard that, i ordered new tires. And ive got a Joe Rocket Honda textile jacket and Shoei RF1000 helmet and A-Star gloves, and just ordered a Joe Rocket Honda Leather jacket this morning from the newenough.com website.. They were on closeout for $139 bux so i couldnt pass it up. Sorry for the books i write haha

newenough.com is awesome :thumbsup:

Check the owners and service manuals for maintenance intervals. If you don't have both I'm sure you can get a digital copies for free on the CBR forum. You are probably due for a valve check and adjustment at least.

Welcome and thats no miles at all i have 25k miles on my 2006 600rr and she runs great. It gets run to hell and planning on doing 6-8 trackdays this year so hopefully i can have 35k miles by next year. The f4i is great and hold onto it. It's more than fast enough to get ya into trouble.

ive seen an f2i with 49000.all you gotta do is the preferred maintenance in the manual and shell keep purrin like a shittin kitten!!! :headbang: