Sign in to follow this  
Joester

OEM brake light vs eBay integrated brake light. Turns out Yamaha actually knows what they are doing.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. The OEM running light (without the brakes on) is literally BRIGHTER than the eBay light with the brakes on.

MORAL: Even if it looks "rad" or whatever its going to get you rear ended and its GOING TO BE LABELED YOUR FAULT BECAUSE OF THE MODIFIED TAIL LIGHT.

1- eBay running light

2- eBay brake light

3- OEM running light

4- OEM brake light

HVaMr.jpg

YU9dR.jpg

dQSdZ.jpg

KwCwb.jpg

OEM AND LEAVE THE JUNK LOW LIGHT BEHIND.

Seriously...most have those aftermarkets and compare to oem no comparisons. I want to be seen by cars andyou other riders.

What is the question joe? OEM or go home..i am a non oem hater. :) :)

There is no question. Aftermarket sucks. There's nothing quite like an unmolested, bone stock bike.

Regarding aftermarket cosmetic parts...

In a vain attempt to stand out from the crowd, you become one of them.

agreed. the unique bikes now are the ones that have nothing done to them.

Good call on putting it back to stock Joe. PO probably bought the cheapest POS he could find...

There are some really good ones out there. Here is one of the best one's I've seen. It has the strobe effect which really helps people see the brake light. I had one of those cheap eBay one's on my R1. Never liked it. This is the only one I would ever buy, problem is its pricey. But the do have a kit one cheaper but it involves opening up your stock tail light.

http://www.customled.com/products/integrators/_08_R6_Tail/_08_r6_tail.htm

customLED products are not DOT approved and any rear end collision will still be labeled your fault. I'll stick with OEM.

But Joe, youre not playing the game!

Dont forget, your supposed to remove your mirrors and replace them with chrome hole covers. Who needs to see what's happening behind them anyway?

you're supposed to remove your mirrors and replace them with chrome hole covers

People actually do this? :umm:

I removed my mirrors and replaced them with bolts I colored black with a sharpie. :)

aco.sized.jpg

Everyone knows that removing the mirrors decreases wind resistance, which makes you 10 seconds quicker during time trials runs down hwy 270.

Everyone knows that removing the mirrors decreases wind resistance, which makes you 10 seconds quicker during time trials runs down hwy 270.

Oh, dang. I'm taking these BS mirrors off when I get home so I can fit in with the StreetFiGhTeRzZzZz, man those guys are just so cool I want to be just like them.

Ilove the fact my mirrors have blinkers in them way up high where people wondering if i am goin straight or left can see em. Its not that much of a pita to put em back on after trackdays. I have a few aftermarket parts and they all have a purpose. man i love this bike!