Sina

Need new tires.......suggestions?

So I need a new set of tires, front and rear, what brand should i get? nothing to expensive.

Thanks

Pilot Powers are cheap and provide good grip on dem der back roads. Check out sportbiketrackgear.com. EDIT: Ooops, hope I didn't undercut a sponsor. If so, ignore this post. :)

I dont think there are any updated sponsers that

sell tires on here?

Im going for the blue Thomahawk tires :)

I like the powers but there are some others out there that last a bit longer---Pilot power is about right for the back road knee- dragger--if you are not there maybe you don't need them just yet?---I would not suggest a touring tire for a light sport - bike unless maybe you way 280 or so.

I don't really know the mid-level back-road rubber well enough to make a suggestion.

Sina was getting that R1 leaned over pretty good on that last ride. I would say PP2CT would be a good fit for an affordable tire, or he could spend a little more for a Q2 or a PP3.

has anyone tried out the pp3 yet? pros or cons over the 2ct other than what ive read in reviews?

I think the PP3s are pretty much like the Power Pure and probably just a bit better. So they should be a considerable step above the PP2CTs. The people I know that have run them really like them.

thanks I haven't really gotten up to date on stuff yet I stopped riding a few years back so not to familiar with the new and improved lol

Corey K. said the new Q3 is coming out very soon

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go with the PP2CT

Todd is that a good website to order them off of?

Call Good Grip Racing, Mototire USA or Cycle House if you want to shop locally

www.goodgripracing.com

www.mototireusa.com

www.cyclehouseperformance.com/

• Upvote 1

Jakewilson.com has been great over the years but takes a few days in transit.

If you don't mount your own tires then local shops as mentioned. The local shops these days have gotten much better in tire costs and installation times.

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go with the PP2CT

Todd is that a good website to order them off of?

I've always had good luck with them as far as being cheap and quick getting here. I change my own tires but if I didn't I would probably buy locally. Whatever works best for you.

Really you should look around for a sale, any of the top four brands will be great if your just back roading.

Hmmm I wonder if they stay blue as the tire gets older---they do make a statement---------not sure what it is--but.

Bridgestone Battlax S20

I have really liked these tires and they have improved wet grip over the Q2's.

I average about 2600 miles out of a rear and 3300 miles out of a front, but can usually stretch the front out until I need another rear.

And by stretch you mean s---------t---------r--------e---------------t-----------c-------------h-------------------- :whistling:

• Upvote 1

I just put on some pp2ct. Love them! Super grippy, really easy to snap into curves, and just feels real solid. If that makes sense.

I only have about 400 or so miles on them, but great so far. I got mine at cycle house and they were a fair price... Probably could have saved $50, but I like cycle house and I can't change my own tires.

I just put on some pp2ct. Love them! Super grippy, really easy to snap into curves, and just feels real solid. If that makes sense.

I only have about 400 or so miles on them, but great so far. I got mine at cycle house and they were a fair price... Probably could have saved $50, but I like cycle house and I can't change my own tires.

Great tire---the only negative I have ever heard is that if you run them REAL hard on the track the soft compound on the edge overheats and gets slick.

I have never heard a serious complaint about them for back-road street!

A few guys like the feel of some others more but that's more of a taste thing then a traction thing.

Great tire---the only negative I have ever heard is that if you run them REAL hard on the track the soft compound on the edge overheats and gets slick.

I have never heard a serious complaint about them for back-road street!

A few guys like the feel of some others more but that's more of a taste thing then a traction thing.

I did hear a little about riding them hard when its hot out.. I figure I'll wear through them before that ever becomes a problem.

I liked the road smart 2's, but these wear cheaper and I like the more "v shape" to the tire. Makes the bike that much more flickable

• Upvote 1

Just ordered the PP3s from cycle house, getting them put on this weekend, will let you guys know how it is

• Upvote 2

Avon Storms are dual compound tires that grip great and have good longivity.