sportbike711

" Hucky Puddle " ADV Ride Sept 28-29

For those that know the ADV site and ADV ride..
Its ride on!!!
Chris, Tyrell, Robert, Anthony and John maybe Sunday route.
Originally Posted by sieg viewpost.gif

Here’s the rundown. It’s 200 plus miles per day for 2 days. Starts and ends near Ste Genevieve Mo. stopping near Bixby/Viburnum for the night. Motel in Viburnum, camping at MTRA’s club grounds, near Bixby. The course is as much gravel as I could find. Some creek crossings and some lesser traveled, poorly maintained roads also. And maybe some bonus “Big Boy” not big bike sections. There is a motel in St Gen., Microtel Inn & Suites, and one out on I 55 at Mo. highway “J”, Regency Inns & Suites for your start/finish. Tentatively the date is set at September 28 & 29 2013. I’ll post some pictures and highlights of the pre-ride and I'm sure the other pre-riders will chime in.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21886553#post21886553

• Upvote 1

Departure from St. Gen Saturday morning so will plan on a hotel night there for Friday night. Sat night reservations I just made in Viburnam but suspect others will be camping at the VTRA grounds.

I'm out. Saturday nights going to be a late night so there is no way Nora is getting up early to take me down there. we should do our own at the end of Aug. maybe a Bixby run on the gravel roads.

I'm out. Saturday nights going to be a late night so there is no way Nora is getting up early to take me down there. we should do our own at the end of Aug. maybe a Bixby run on the gravel roads.

I might be in for an end of August one John. Seig is looking at one from Bixby to Arkansas also :)

that would be great for Oct. I think I'd put a smaller sprocket on the rear for that long of one though.

Make your reservations now if you can or plan to stay in Sainte Gen Friday night 9/27. Call the Microtel and tell them its under the Pucky Huddle group.

Call the Viburnam Inn for saturday night 9/28.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21886553#post21886553

Ride that shit!

Come on fellow street riders throw out a couple bucks on some bikes and come join us in the dirt!

Ride that shit!

Come on fellow street riders throw out a couple bucks on some bikes and come join us in the dirt!

Adventure bike it is! :hidecouch:

Todays Hucky Puddle updates:

Jason mentioned if we split up some common tools it would be better than each to carry our own.

Common Wrenches 8mm.10mm.12mm

one small cresent wrench

Small Vice grip

Roll of Electrical Tape

Medium Phillips and straight blade screwdriver

(2) tire Irons

Tube Repair Kit

Co2 inflate system or if someone has the DC powered pump

Side snips pliers

Chain Master Link ( specific to your bike )

Add anything else and we can decide what we really want to carry. The unforseen its nice to have a fix.

I have a Gerber Multi-tool, CO2 tire repair kit, and an extra link. The Multi tool should cover pliers and screw driver plus work as snips in a pinch.

I carried everything on the list except tire spoons, vice grips, and snips on the last ride. Do not own those items.

Todays Hucky Puddle updates:

Jason mentioned if we split up some common tools it would be better than each to carry our own.

Common Wrenches 8mm.10mm.12mm ( Jason )

one small cresent wrench ( Paul )

Small Vice grip ( Jason )

Roll of Electrical Tape or Duct Tape ( Robert )

Medium Phillips and straight blade screwdriver ( Paul )

(2) tire Irons ( Paul )

Tube Repair Kit ( each of us is fine ) ( ALL )

Co2 inflate system or if someone has the DC powered pump ( ALL )

Side snips pliers ( Paul )

Chain Master Link ( specific to your bike ) ( Each on Thier Own ) ( ALL )

Multi Tool ( Robert )

10 Plastic Ties Med/Large ( Robert )

Tire Removoal Tools ( ALL ) Each to Specific Bike

Add anything else and we can decide what we really want to carry. The unforseen its nice to have a fix.

• Upvote 1

Add small bottle of baby oil can be used in brakes or clutch if needed. Yes I know the comments are going to start for the other uses.

• Upvote 1

Add small bottle of baby oil can be used in brakes or clutch if needed. Yes I know the comments are going to start for the other uses.

Jason and Robert are too big for me to man handle so best leave that baby oil home :) :)

• Upvote 2