MaximumJEFF

In need of a Dirt education

I picked up two TTR's today. A 225 and a 125. I plan to teach my gal how to ride with them. I'd also like to do some more advanced riding on the 225.

Where's a good place I can teach my gal? I've only ever been to St. Joe's

And, I hear Sutton's Bluff has some good riding. I've camped there over 50 times. But, never knew about any trails. Anyone down for a Fall Camp/Dirt ride?

Jeff

I know some argue that Lets Go Nutz is not really that good, but I think to start, the little track up front is pretty good. We didn't explore the rest of the place because it was too muddy when we went.

• Upvote 1

St Joe's is probably about the best place around to learn. We used to take the kids down to Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes twice a year which is also a good place to learn and doesn't have all the sand that St Joe's has but does have nice long dozer trails for the easier riding plus 4-wheeler and single track trails which can be a lot harder because they are rocky. But that's good practice if you ever want to go ride Colorado. :) Some of the guys go to that "Let's Go Nutz" place which is pretty small but they do have a small motocross track to play around on as well as trails. I don't personally like it because it's so small. Cahokia Creek Dirt Riders is a good motorcycle only woods riding club but it's a private club and in order to be a member you have to be able to participate in at least 4 work days. You can also ride as a guest. I was a member of that club for about 15 years along with several of the buddies you met this last weekend.

• Upvote 1

There is also a place in fFarmington groomed track and trails . I think its called Washita mx

There is also a place in fFarmington groomed track and trails . I think its called Washita mx

According to Rider Planet, last known status is Closed.

How about "Finger Lakes" ? north of Columbia, MO.

I was there in the 90's, a few times, not sure the name is right.

CH

Thats a bummer! Was a good place I hope the new owners reopen

What's the deal with turning off the gas?

And, can anyone recommend a good helmet for glasses wearers?

Turning off the gas? You mean why do it? If you don't it will leak when you haul the bike because the float in the float bowl will bounce around. Of course if you have one of those fancy fuel injected dealios then I suppose you wouldn't have that problem. :) As far as glasses in the helmet I would think any dirt helmet work. Of course I don't wear glasses when I ride so take that with a gain of salt. How'd the track weekend go?

How'd the track weekend go?

Fantastic weather. No amberlamps rides. And, we made some monies. Pretty happy with it.

• Upvote 2

Bought Bethy boots today! And, we figured out which helmet for her too. Going to go with a Shoei VFX-W. I'll order our helmets on Monday. Thinking of trying to get the bikes out on the 20-21st of this month

• Upvote 3