MaximumJEFF

St. Joe this Saturday

Wish I could have made it. I did a little dirt riding today myself. ;)

Beth loved it. I'm sure we'll get back there soon.

Where did you go?

• Upvote 1

Me, Dozer Dave and Jason Cohen went up to my old dirt club in White City IL (Cahokia Creek Dirt Riders). It's not really a very good place to learn or I would have asked you guys up there. Jason's tongue was hanging out by the end of the ride. :) Flat River (St Joe) is almost perfect for starting out in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Me, Dozer Dave and Jason Cohen went up to my old dirt club in White City IL (Cahokia Creek Dirt Riders). It's not really a very good place to learn or I would have asked you guys up there. Jason's tongue was hanging out by the end of the ride. :) Flat River (St Joe) is almost perfect for starting out in my opinion.

Glad you guys had FUN!

I was toying with the idea of riding at st. Joe tomorrow. Ive never been, and its been a good five years or more since ive done any dirt, but if anybody wants to go for a leisurely ride I think it would be a good time.

I could be there any time after 0930.

• Upvote 1

Dang, all my buddies were down there today! I'm still waiting on parts. :(

I have the parts for mine almost all assembled. I still need to swap on my dirt wheels and a smaller front sprocket, but I figure an hour tops on that. Ill just do it in the morning when I get off work. Last pic I saw of your bike looked like you were in for a few more hours than that!

It's still completely tore down but once I get the parts I need I can have it back together in an hour or two.

Ok, I am finally off on a sat that will have decent weather. I think the roads will still be covered in salt and other crap, so how about a dirt ride? I will be going to St. Joes and everyone who is interested is welcome to watch me fall alot.

• Upvote 1

The last time I went was really soggy. I learned to slide around without freaking out. It may not be for everyone.

I have been watching you tube videos about applying trials techniques to trail riding. Basically all about slow rolling through real technical stuff and developing balance. That works great for mud. Teaches you to maximize traction on hill climbs, etc.

If the weather is good, maybe. I ain't afraid, unless it's cold. :)

• Upvote 1

My daughter just reminded me we have something going on Saturday Night. I just posted it in the events section if you are interested. But, I *probably* won't go to Flat River Saturday because of it. I would be WAY too wiped out to do both.

http://crosstrainingenduro.com/cross-training-enduro-techniques.htm

I've spent hours watching the vids on this site.

I have also watched all those videos. Australia is awesome. I am up for riding on Saturday. Just txt me or call if you go. James @ 573.701.7859 It looks like we may get some snow on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

Cool beans. Ryan@ 636-222-7345

I spent the day repairing a stripped oil filter cover bolt hole. The previous owner didnt known the difference between ft/lbs and in/lbs. I had to take off the inner clutch cover and drill and tap the case. Then I had to go to St. Charles to find the cover gasket. I should be good to go now.

It was really sloppy when I went last time, but this should be an adventure if it snows again tomorrow.

I will call you when we get closer to Saturday. Glad you got your bike done. The last time I went to St. Joe it was muddy. I need more practice riding in muddy ruts and slippery surfaces anyway.

I bet you do it better then me now but I did it a bunch long ago and faster more gas and faster more gas seemed to work ?

• Upvote 1

I didnt see a problem till that tree jumped out at you. If a tree gets an attitude there isnt much to be done about it.

• Upvote 1

I had a blast all trails were snow covered still. Made it a little slippery.

• Upvote 2

The last time I went was really soggy. I learned to slide around without freaking out. It may not be for everyone.

I have been watching you tube videos about applying trials techniques to trail riding. Basically all about slow rolling through real technical stuff and developing balance. That works great for mud. Teaches you to maximize traction on hill climbs, etc.

My main problem with the mud and sloppy stuff is my tires. I am still burning off the stock dual sport tires for a few more miles and then i will try a set with some more aggressive knobs and see how they do. My current tires are only good for pavement, dry hard dirt, and rocks. Riding in any other conditions has repeatedly proven to put me on my ass, or more accurately my rib cage on numerous occasions.

i will be a little braver when i get some new rubber :)

I found that my suspension was not suited to snow. It is fairly stiff since I normally have the bike in supermoto form. The front would just skate at the slightest irregularity. Things got much better when I took all the compression damping out but it was still pretty sketchy.

James let me ride his KTM and now I hate him. That bike is awesomE and now I need one.

Hopefully not the rear of the ambulance!

Edit: oops, was responding to an earlier post of RR's.

.....James let me ride his KTM and now I hate him. That bike is awesomE and now I need one.

My goal is to bring everyone on a 4-stroke over to the 2-stroke world.

Oh boy... I ride both, does that mean I am confused?