Sign in to follow this  
stlrainman

Monday March 16th St Joe

Me and another old slow dude will be hitting St. Joe early and do about 50mi. Really looking forward to having the place to ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Dammit Jim! Monday is a weekday! (I think)

• Upvote 2

I rarely get a chance to do a weekday there. I seem to go a lot faster when I'm not worried about traffic. That 200 ridge trail is normally a 3rd gear trail but might be a 4th gear if I'm not worried about others.

I made plans for Monday morning otherwise I would go. If anything comes up and cancels my plans I will let you know.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if I can ride in the morning and make it to class by 1400.........

Wonder if I can ride in the morning and make it to class by 1400.........

Sure you can your IdahoR1 !

• Upvote 1

Sure you can your IdahoR1 !

Bring it!!!

• Upvote 1

Hope you had fun riding! Was almost too hot to be on a dirt bike yesterday!!

No juicy stories. Dr. Jones fell over a few times (4) :greensquid:. It was muddy in places but it had been dry for a few days before we arrived. We dont mess around in the sand too much. The outer trail was pretty fast, no ICE like the last few times I've gone. I do a ten mile warm up then come back and stretch then go do a hard 20-25mi run. It was fun. Going this Sunday and will be there at 9:30 for a 40-50 mi day if anyone wants to join.

No juicy stories. Dr. Jones fell over a few times (4) :greensquid:. It was muddy in places but it had been dry for a few days before we arrived. We dont mess around in the sand too much. The outer trail was pretty fast, no ICE like the last few times I've gone. I do a ten mile warm up then come back and stretch then go do a hard 20-25mi run. It was fun. Going this Sunday and will be there at 9:30 for a 40-50 mi day if anyone wants to join.

Thanks for the ride report and the invite !

I would be in on this if I had a dirt machine !

Thought you were coming to hallett this weekend. Have fun Jim!

Work got in the way Todd! Have fun and make us proud!

Thanks for the ride report and the invite !

I would be in on this if I had a dirt machine !

Get a dirt bike!!!

Did 50mi yesterday. The first 20 kinda sucked but the last thirty we were flying, Felt like I could do another 20mi but my buddy was spent.

• Upvote 2

That'sa lot of miles Jim. I'd be good for about 40 with you. Anything more than that and you're probably on your own. :)

This coming Sunday again.

Looking forward to hearing about Hallet.

I'll send you and Drew a pm but I'll also put up a public report. Saturday night supercross is in town.

I'm to old and fat to enter that race Todd. Although it would be cool to get on TV.

All you have to do to get on TV is streak across the starting line when the monster girl has the 30 second board up at the start of the race. I double dare ya. :)

• Upvote 5

In for Sunday! Unless of course I drink too many 9 dollar beers at Supercross tonight, which is always possible, if I remember to stop by the ATM machine on the way down. My bike runs like crap at WOT though but it has for the last few rides. I just pulled the carb apart and it's definitely jetted lean enough but it's running way fat at the top end. I should be running about a 172 main jet and I had a 170 in it, and I replaced that with a 168 this morning. Also have a 48 pilot jet where a 50 is about where it should be. It's definitely running fat though. The only time I need WOT at St Joe is in the sand flats and I spend as little time as possible there so I should be good to go. But, I do need to diagnose this issue at some point or just push it up against a dumpster and get a new one.

• Upvote 1

Jim is a great dirt rider! Turns out he's a pretty good swimmer too!

Jim is a great dirt rider! Turns out he's a pretty good swimmer too!

Oh how I hope there is pictures !