Sign in to follow this  
stlrainman

Monday March 16th St Joe

Not sure about pictures but I am sure there will be some video. :)

• Upvote 1

My dirt bike doubles as a submarine. What they all dont do that?

• Upvote 3

But, I do need to diagnose this issue at some point or just push it up against a dumpster and get a new one.

Just let me know which dumpster!

• Upvote 2

There must have been a bad incident not too far from where we went swimming. They had a couple of ambulances down there and a fire truck. No helicopter though, not sure if that is good or bad. I didn't search the Internet for any news of what might have happened.

Looked like a blast even the submarine part.

• Upvote 1

So i'll bite....

what did he have to do to get all the water out and get it fired back up?

• Upvote 1

We just tipped it over on its right side and then lifted the front of the bike up to dump the water out of the exhaust. But, it wouldn't fire at the scene so we pulled him back to the parking lot and pulled the plug. It didn't appear that the plug was firing (even with a new plug) so he loaded it up for the day. I think there is a good chance would could have drained his carb and could have gotten it to fire but I think by that point he wasn't having fun any longer so just called it a day. All I know is it was all I could do to keep from puking in my helmet from all those 9 dollar beers I had the night before so I was sort of happy to cut it short. I thought about pulling over a couple of times on the way home but I made it all the way. :) I'm too old to be doing that kind of stuff!

• Upvote 1

We just tipped it over on its right side and then lifted the front of the bike up to dump the water out of the exhaust. But, it wouldn't fire at the scene so we pulled him back to the parking lot and pulled the plug. It didn't appear that the plug was firing (even with a new plug) so he loaded it up for the day. I think there is a good chance would could have drained his carb and could have gotten it to fire but I think by that point he wasn't having fun any longer so just called it a day. All I know is it was all I could do to keep from puking in my helmet from all those 9 dollar beers I had the night before so I was sort of happy to cut it short. I thought about pulling over a couple of times on the way home but I made it all the way. :) I'm too old to be doing that kind of stuff!

I have seen that a couple times in videos but wasnt sure exactly the procedure was. I hope i never need to use it

• Upvote 1

Got a good start tonight on tearing down for cleaning and lube lube lube. Bloody ass sandy mess.

• Upvote 1