crash

Just ordered a new tool.....

Personally, I don't have a problem removing and installing my wheels with the technique I have developed over all the tire changes I've done. BUT, this thing looks too ingenious to pass up so I ordered one:

If I don't like it I will give it away. :)

• Upvote 4

Nice, changing the rear can be difficult with 1 set of hands. I bet this would work on my t-rex stands too.

I can still see some tweaking being required with the height based on old tire having less rubber in the middle compared to new tire, but still looks pretty clever and much better than the foot approach!

I wonder if the rider who gave Pit Bull the idea is getting some kind of royalty from it, otherwise he may wish he'd done a patent submittal instead... :-/

• Upvote 1

I thought about the difference in tire sizes and to be honest I think it would actually help if the new tire you are putting on does have a slightly larger diameter. Before you take the old wheel off you adjust the tool up to the tire but all of the weight of the tire will still be on the axle. When you put the new tire on and roll the wheel in it would be slightly higher and I think it would need to be to get the axle to go in nicely. Also, you could roll the wheel forward to raise it a bit or back to lower it a bit to get the axle started through both sides. I suppose if you do find the new tire is too high you could always adjust when putting the tool under the old tire before removing. That is, raise it up to the tire and then back it off a half turn for example.

I hope I get it before next Thursday because I'll probably be swapping wheels Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I'll report back.

• Upvote 1

Just buy a Ducati. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

He did that so clean! Cool idea though. Am anxious to see if it goes that easily.

To be honest I can do it that easy without the tool. So if it's not at least "equally" as good as I do it now I'll probably not use it.

• Upvote 1

I am going to wait to see is Dre is going to have any for sale. Or just make my own...

Yeah, you may solve one problem, but then you create so many more. :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you may solve one problem, but then you create so many more. :)

Like bad transmissions? :teehee:

Hey, have you heard how soon you'll be getting your 390? Check this out:

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?27958-So-this-is-coming-home-with-me-Friday-night

Id say about 20 people on the 390 forum have gotten theirs so far. Still no word from Big though. Im hoping before Putnam.

And Nick posted a pic of a new R3 that came in today.

If I don't like it I will give it away. :)

If you decide it doesn't work, I'd like to be first in line :) Looks so much easier.

Well that pissed me off !

Mine is almost that easy :P

I have to remove the exhaust but that's a only a 2 minute operation

I'm cheap.... I made something that does the same thing, just not as convenient... i just used scrap steel, put some weld nuts on it, and use bolts to adjust height... Geno or Seth had something similar at track days that they made...post-9593-0-36189500-1428534687_thumb.jpgpost-9593-0-13411700-1428534721_thumb.jpg

AND you powder coated your pitbull stand?!? Nice! :)

Yes I did.... I recently bought that one cheap and the previous owner SPRAY PAINTED it gold and it looked like crap... so I had it done the same color I'm eventually doing the rims and accent parts

I am going to wait to see is Dre is going to have any for sale. Or just make my own...

show of! :)

• Upvote 1

Id say about 20 people on the 390 forum have gotten theirs so far. Still no word from Big though. Im hoping before Putnam.

And Nick posted a pic of a new R3 that came in today.

Still wondering if I might need a 390.

Still wondering if I might need a 390.

You do!

Yeah, I couldn't see the video you posted but I believe this is the one:

And yes, it's the RC390.