crash

Just ordered a new tool.....

My new tool is in Earth City. I guess it will take 3 days to get from there to here. :)

• Upvote 1

My Pitbull contraption came in today. It's pretty. Will try it out this evening. Dropping my trailer off at a buddy's to put new tires on it for me.

• Upvote 2

My Pitbull contraption came in today. It's pretty. Will try it out this evening. Dropping my trailer off at a buddy's to put new tires on it for me.

You don't change your own, you have a nomar?

The tires on my trailer were easier to mount than a dunlop.

But I was hanging on the beed braker and it didn't brake the beed on my jeep tire.

lol! Good point. I think I used my cheater to set the beads too.

I do have guys that come by just to get beads broke, one guy was using his truck and driving on a 2x6 trying to break a bead on his atv tire...

• Upvote 1

You don't change your own, you have a nomar?

The tires on my trailer were easier to mount than a dunlop.

I could do that but I like to throw him stuff whenever I can and it was last minute that I realized I should probably get those changed so he's helping me out.

After seeing this device, I looked at the stand I have and thought that I'd make something similar since I have a hard time wrestling my rear wheel into place. Turns out that a 18" long 1x4 works great! I can hold the spacers in place and bring the wheel up by kneeing down on the 1x4, way easier.

After seeing this device, I looked at the stand I have and thought that I'd make something similar since I have a hard time wrestling my rear wheel into place. Turns out that a 18" long 1x4 works great! I can hold the spacers in place and bring the wheel up by kneeing down on the 1x4, way easier.

That's what I do But the spacers still tend to fall out sometimes

Tested the new tool out over lunch by putting some fresh Pirelli slicks on BGD. I think I'll keep it. I do think that "many" people will find this tool to be very helpful to them, even though I didn't really have a problem without it. And Kathy, the new slicks were much larger diameter than the old stock tires I took off so I get to answer your question about how hard it is to adjust the height of the tool with the tire on it. I found it very easy to adjust it with the weight of the wheel on it. I'm guessing this could end up being a favorite tool for a lot of people. If anyone has tire changes coming up and has the Pitbull stands and wants to borrow it to test it out before buying let me know. Terry also got one and I am sure he would make the same offer and may be closer to many of you.

• Upvote 4

Tested the new tool out over lunch by putting some fresh Pirelli slicks on BGD. I think I'll keep it. I do think that "many" people will find this tool to be very helpful to them, even though I didn't really have a problem without it. And Kathy, the new slicks were much larger diameter than the old stock tires I took off so I get to answer your question about how hard it is to adjust the height of the tool with the tire on it. I found it very easy to adjust it with the weight of the wheel on it. I'm guessing this could end up being a favorite tool for a lot of people. If anyone has tire changes coming up and has the Pitbull stands and wants to borrow it to test it out before buying let me know. Terry also got one and I am sure he would make the same offer and may be closer to many of you.

This is the kind of review I expected.

• Upvote 1

Geno invited that PitBull thing years ago. PitBull told him it wouldn't sell

• Upvote 1

That would be my only concern is once the new tire is on it adjusting, hate breaking nails for simple task.

Hello all!

Today I had the opportunity to use the new Pitbull Pit Crew Tire Wedge for the 1st time.

The bike was a CBR1000RR

It snaps onto the Pitbull stand like it grew there. Adjusted the height to the bottom of the tire, maybe a tad more. Off with the nut and washer, out with the axle. Rolled the wheel forward to disengage the chain, roll it backward a few inches to reposition the rear brake caliper, and it rolled right out the back of the bike with no effort.

Mounted and balanced the new tire, adjusted the Wedge slightly lower to compensate for the increased tread depth, rolled it up the Wedge, into the caliper, forward further to engage the chain, backwards an inch and the axle literally slid right in before I knew it. No dropped spacers, no lifting, or trying to handle 4 tasks at the same time. My opinion: Well with the $$, would have bought one earlier had it been available.

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2015 at 10:35 AM, crash said:

Personally, I don't have a problem removing and installing my wheels with the technique I have developed over all the tire changes I've done. BUT, this thing looks too ingenious to pass up so I ordered one:

If I don't like it I will give it away. :)

I might be late here, but did you like this thing and was it worth getting?

On 4/15/2015 at 1:18 PM, crash said:

OK, you can disregard my message. I found your review mixed in all of the other BS.

Thanks!

Good deal, JJ. Ive used shovels, levers, straps to get the tire into position to install the rear axle, but this tool is like having an extra set of hands to lift the tire as you maneuver the chain, rear caliper, and axle shaft all at the same time.

When replacing a worn out rear tire with new of same size and brand you just dial the lift knob down 1/2 turn to compensate for the larger diameter and the axle pretty much slides right on through the  swingarm, hub, and brake caliper.

I ended up not liking it and sold it to Drew.

It's probably mostly because of my bikes but I have no problem lifting my wheel with my left hand and inserting the axle with my right. Can usually do it in about 3.5 seconds.

I have that one, haven't used it yet.

Thought it would be better than a 2X6 and two pieces of cardboard.

Pretty cool!  Probably not a must-have for me, but looks like it could make it easier for some folks