GSXRGirl

Fundraising for Maverick

To All-Some may know that Kirk Wills went down earlier this week. He is in the hospital in Missouri. His wife and family are there. I'm not going to get into details, but I am in touch with his wife. She is due to have their second child in the next two weeks. We are going to be doing a 50/50 at the track day this weekend, but I am getting a fundraiser planned. Right now we are trying to get funds to support Michelle while she is staying in a hotel close to the hospital.

If you are at the track, I will be selling 50/50 and taking donations. I am also going to start taking donations for raffle/silent auction items for the fundraiser we will be having (date TBD). If you have any questions or need any info, please let me know. I don't want to overwhelm Michelle with a bunch of calls and visitors.

Please keep the Wills family in your thoughts as Kirk's grandmother passed away last night. This is a hard time for them and we will support them as best as we can!

-Erin

post-704-0-07485100-1432147240_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 7

I'll be working for Good Grip Racing at Gateway this weekend.... please come see me, I'll get some 50/50.

I'll do anything I can to help with things.. I had a LOT of help after my wreck, so I like to give back wherever I can.... Please hurry and get better Maverick!

• Upvote 8

I will be at Gateway this Sunday I never been there so you see this 5'8" grey hair'd large chick roaming lost that would be me. I will be observing not riding, so where ever that puts me there that is where I will be.

I'll be there racing and I'll do whatever I can to rally the troops on some 50/50.

• Upvote 1

Prayers from Dallas. Meredith and I will help any way we can.

• Upvote 3

We have been in touch with the Commander and Chief of Michelle's military unit and they are traveling to see Michelle and bring her some things Sunday. I'm travelling down from the North late Thursday night to bring her clothes and other essentials so if there is anything else anyone can think for me to take to Springfield, MO please drop them off by early Friday morning. And thank you all for your generosity.

-Dominick-

• Upvote 6

Is there a paypal donation set up? I wont be at Gateway much this coming weekend, would like to feed the kitty to help...Crash, I do have your paypal, could I just shoot a donation over to you and would you pass along?

Is there a paypal donation set up? I wont be at Gateway much this coming weekend, would like to feed the kitty to help...Crash, I do have your paypal, could I just shoot a donation over to you and would you pass along?

I thought Erin posted her paypal link in the first post but apparently she didn't. I will send you her paypay and she'll get the money to Kirk and Michelle. Thanks a million Pete!!

• Upvote 4

The paypal link is in the members only section so yeah contact anyone that is a member you know, they can get it for you if you need it.

hoping you get well soon kirk so you can play with your new baby :)

im praying for you

• Upvote 4

ejuliano@charter.net

She's depositing directly to Michelle's acct. Thus far there has been a HUGE response to this and Erin is doing the best she can to keep up.

PS - Thanks so much to those who have been able to donate so far!

• Upvote 7

I had no idea. Kirk get well man. Families in my prayers

• Upvote 2

I had no idea. Kirk get well man. Families in my prayers

Dittos,

Heal up fast.

CH

• Upvote 1

Get well Kirk! Hate to hear about anybody going down, especially hospitalized.

Hoping it's something that heals up fast and as painlessly as possible..

Couple of generous donations on the GoFundMe page... I know there has been a lot of giving outside of GFM but be sure to direct anyone who might be inclined to help to the GFM page. $5's and $10's add up...

• Upvote 4

Way better place to spend your money than club dues....just saying.

So, I initially put $5000 as a goal for Kirk on GoFundMe. I just entered everyone's donations to include the PayPal donations from STLAR members and the $1370 we raised this weekend at Gateway. Here is the current amount raised. Some has already been deposited in her account and some of the cash was delivered to her today. I do know that the guard unit took down about $400 today and I think her current company gave some money. I will probably add that money to the GoFundMe as outside donations. Just wanted to share. When I get an update from Michelle tonight I will let you guys know!!

post-704-0-64713800-1432508219_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 8

That is awesome Erin, thanks for all of your efforts to raise money for them. Way to make it happen ! :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks to Anthony Dean for donating all his profits ($301) at the track today! I gave it to Amy this afternoon. He's the Bridgestone/Michelin dealer at the track (in addition to a very fast racer). His wife is the one who sung the National Anthem this weekend. Thanks Anthony!!!!!

• Upvote 10

Okay...Ideas Needed!!!

So I am looking at either 20 June or 27 June for the fundraiser.

Now where?? I know we had Chris' at Tilted Kilt and Tom Shaw's at Hot Shots in Ballwin (I think). Where else can you think that might have a good atmosphere, enough space, and if we ask nicely, might give us a portion of sales towards the fundraiser??

I don't live on that side of the river, so I'm not so sure as to where is good...