dogpark

General Slowness

I have noticed some general slowness on the board lately. Dreamhost doesn't have any notices on any outage other than they were under attack on Oct 2nd when I first noticed it. I would guess that they have some logging and counter measures in place for a while that would cause some slowness...

Remember ... Dreamhoust has been and is still rated at the top of the Web hosting industry.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Galen. I had sent JJ a PM about it just today. Good to know it's not a big issue.

I'm actually more concerned that STLAR is backed up - Kirk kinda had a backup but said he needed to do some stuff to make it a proper back up.

I'm actually more concerned that STLAR is backed up - Kirk kinda had a backup but said he needed to do some stuff to make it a proper back up.

Yeah ... I haven't really done that either. What are you worried about that needs to be backed up? Dreamhost backs up their servers so if there is a hardware issue they'll restore the system to where ever the last back up was. We are not the only website hosted on the server. So there are probably several and they would all come back to the point of their last backup. As far as our stuff... I do a little restore point when I install a security pack or something. I don't know how effective that is because I've never had to use it to restore anything. The data... meh!!! what's here that someone can't live without. Might actually be good to start fresh. I have the logo's and stuff on my hard drive here at home and on my Microsoft cloud. We have a license for the board software and can get it from Invision Power Services when ever we would need it. The database... like I said ... might be a good thing for a lot of that to get lost :)

Yeah ... I haven't really done that either. What are you worried about that needs to be backed up? Dreamhost backs up their servers so if there is a hardware issue they'll restore the system to where ever the last back up was. We are not the only website hosted on the server. So there are probably several and they would all come back to the point of their last backup. As far as our stuff... I do a little restore point when I install a security pack or something. I don't know how effective that is because I've never had to use it to restore anything. The data... meh!!! what's here that someone can't live without. Might actually be good to start fresh. I have the logo's and stuff on my hard drive here at home and on my Microsoft cloud. We have a license for the board software and can get it from Invision Power Services when ever we would need it. The database... like I said ... might be a good thing for a lot of that to get lost :)

If your not worried I'm no longer worried - about the web site - as far as the people on the bikes goes I continue to worry - one down so far today and like I said I don't feel well - well enough for that.

Galen, thanks for the info and Huge Thank you for taking care of the Site!!!

• Upvote 3

Thanks Galen. You're the best.

• Upvote 1

It must be vblocked with my pop up blocker. Went all the way back to the STLAR.com and nuttin' clicked on the general forums nuttin' and clicked on whos on line and there sat my Nemesis Google staring back at me. <closes web page, goes to work>

Scheduled Back-end Database Maintenance – October 15th, 7PM PDT (2 hrs)

Posted (October 14th, 2015 at 4:11 pm PST) by Brandon

Our systems engineers will be conducting maintenance on the databases which serve the DreamHost panel, webmail, wiki and other customer facing services ,Thursday, October 15th at 7PM PDT. Performing these upgrades will allow us to continue providing a performant panel experience.

We expect several small periods of unavailability approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute in length. Please note that this maintenance does not affect any other services such as email, web hosting, or MySQL.

This is a routine maintenance, and our operations teams will be standing by to make sure everything is going as planned. Comments will be open for the above window, and we’ll be posting periodic updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our tech support team for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience while we conduct the upgrade.

• Upvote 1

Clear your browser cache. Use the function key F5 or CTRL+F5.

GAH! Help desk talk! Nuuuuuuuuuuu!

GAH! Help desk talk! Nuuuuuuuuuuu!

Well then, maybe just jiggle the cable.

• Upvote 2

Well then, maybe just jiggle the cable.

th_loading_zpsoquafk6s.gif

• Upvote 1

If that does not work resort to Violence.

keyboard-frustration.jpg