Sign in to follow this  
Gunsniper

Chains

Hey there anyone know any place that has a sale or good prices for chains? I am looking to get an O-ring chain as the standard I bought last time Just didn't hold up for nearly as long, But as I look for O-ring I find them rather expensive a hundred dollars. Is this average or am I just not looking at the right places?

cyclegear orbit chains are re-branded RK, which is a reputable brand. Sometimes they're on sale for a little under $100. I put an RK X ring on my EX500 right before I sold it, but I don't have enough experience with them to say one way or the other. I've only had the DID on my current bike and it's been phenomenal so far.

I think chains (along with tires and brakes) are the most crucial components on a motorcycle. If one of those fail, it could end you and/or others. Not all o/x/w ring chains are equal, so do your research! :)

Thank you everyone for your fount of wisdom as per usual you get what you pay for hence my current situation.

Just got a RK chain for the Tiger. Don't remember previous chain brand name that didn't last long.