GSXR55

Rear Sets

I searched endlessly before I ordered from eBay seller: yanjiavv aka HKMoto aka ???

post-10885-0-23349000-1478147875_thumb.jpg

Highly rated/lots of ratings... Supposed to arrive no later than 3 weeks ago. I alerted eBay twice and second time they refunded me on Sunday....

Arrived today.

Plain box, no stickers :(

Supposedly 7070 Aluminum; Quality appears good and it came with a pressure switch and a variety of fasteners.

I am guessing they will now re-bill me; the tracking information has been updated; went into a black hole for 6 weeks between Guanzhou and Hazelwood... I did hear there were a lot of containers stranded because of a shipping company bankruptcy, so maybe not their fault.

All of this is after I broke the original pedal and jury rigged; bought replacement from China; it broke after 3 months (it's like it was white metal almost); back to jury-rigged pedal. Was hoping to have new ones before Gateway in September, that's how long ago it was... The tech inspector gave me a very quizzical look when he saw my home-job but he passed me...

I'm hoping the metal on the new is the real thing; had enough fun with brakes for a while.

Anyway, seriously going to avoid any more direct-ships from China through eBay in the future. My sense is that Amazon sellers have to have their act together better.

I had a good experience a few years ago when I picked up real sets from Ebay, fast shipping and a good product. Still using them to this day.

Good luck with yours.

You got the slow boat from China. :) I have ordered several sets of rearsets (probably around 6 or 7 sets total) from China off of Ebay and have never had that problem. They look a little like the ones I got except mine didn't have nuts on the back side of those top pieces. The threads were right in the parts. Hope they work for you! I think they will.

Oh, and here's a pro tip: Use lots of red loctite, especially on the pegs and toe pieces! :)

• Upvote 1

Looks like they fit and are strong. Roger on the locktite. Should be all done by the end of next conference call. I love WFH...

• Upvote 2