MotoGP 2017 Thread

116 posts in this topic

43 days until race number 1 in Qatar.

Phillip Island 3 day test starts Tuesday at 4:45. :thumbsup:

Day 3 of the Sepang test had the top 10 all in the 1.59's

Sepang Day 3.jpg

Combined 3 days

Sepang 3 Day Combined .jpg

How many more championships would this guy have had if he stayed in the game?

I may breakdown and buy a MotoGP Video pass this year, it would be a lot cheaper than the trip to Austin last year. LOL

And you can see better! And it's 72 degrees! :)

And you can see better! And it's 72 degrees! :)

Beers are cheaper too.

I may breakdown and buy a MotoGP Video pass this year, it would be a lot cheaper than the trip to Austin last year. LOL

I need to understand how to use the MotoGP video pass to send the signal to my big screen TV. I sure don't want to watch the races on a laptop all year!!!

I guess I need to get a device to throw the data to the TV. Any ideas?????

Edit: I think a Chrome Cast will be exactly what I need. Anyone use one of these?

LOL - You are assuming I have a laptop that is current enough to have a HDMI port. I don't, my Macbook Pro laptop is a 2009 model and my HP Laptop is a 2008. So no HDMI ports. But I think the Chrome Cast will work.

Edit: My computers are like me, old and slow.

LOL - You are assuming I have a laptop that is current enough to have a HDMI port. I don't, my Macbook Pro laptop is a 2009 model and my HP Laptop is a 2008. So no HDMI ports. But I think the Chrome Cast will work.

Edit: My computers are like me, old and slow.

Bunch of technology leaders here... My PC Junior....

Since your laptops are that old, I would presume they have VGA ports; could get this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Support/dp/B008O7RH5C and then a VGA cable... I've probably got one somewhere you can have.

[edit]crap... didn't look at the diagram in the product, looks like this may be for a reverse setup than you have where your laptop has the HDMI port and you need to hook up to a VGA monitor/projector. I'm too lazy to see if it would work in reverse.

I think you might be right that it's for wrong direction.

Thanks guys, I am going to try the Chomecast first, I have a buddy who is lending me one for testing purposes. If it works he will give it to me. If not, I will go with the VGA adapter.

Or just use the VGA cable you probably already have...

I am sitting here watching MotoGP on my TV using the Chromecast. Setup was really very easy. I am using a Macbook Pro with Chrome as the browser.

Now it is not the full size screen, it is a smaller picture. But it is better than watching on the laptop screen.

Edit - I just hit the full size button on the laptop and I have a full screen video. LOL

On 2/15/2017 at 9:19 PM, reed12b said:

I am sitting here watching MotoGP on my TV using the Chromecast. Setup was really very easy. I am using a Macbook Pro with Chrome as the browser.

Now it is not the full size screen, it is a smaller picture. But it is better than watching on the laptop screen.

Edit - I just hit the full size button on the laptop and I have a full screen video. LOL

Thanks for the iinfo. I just downloaded Google Chrome on my home computer and casting to the TV. The picture looks better then my old laptop was putting out.  

I just sync my Samsung phone to my samsung tv ...works fine.

Amazon Prime has Hitting the Apex... just got done watching it.. I feel your pain.

5 hours ago, whatarush said:

30 days to go and biting at the bits...