crash

MCRA Putnam Park April 15-16 2017

Who's in? I just signed up and also got my Motel 6 reservation. Mike, you asked for a ride and I have room both in the trailer for a bike and in the motel room if you want to share. Barry might have a garage spot for you. I think he's going and was asking for people to share a spot with.

• Upvote 1

I'm in. This will be my first track day with the zx6r. I've always had either low power bikes or bikes with a fairly linear power spread. I've been trying to get used to the big hit of power when you hit the right rev range. I accidently spun up the rear tire on 47 yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to learn the bike a bit better on the track. 

• Upvote 2

Joe and I will be there with those super dank Pirellis 

• Upvote 1

I have not signed up yet, but have committed to go. I am sharing a garage space with a guy on MCRA's fourm. We would like to find one more to keep the cost down. Mike are you ready to committ?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, crash said:

Paging @GSXR55

Yup.  Good for my share of room and garage spot.  Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Great I will let him know you are good to go.  I am not sure of his last name, but his first name is Aaron.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:53 AM, Aodrn said:

I'm in. This will be my first track day with the zx6r. I've always had either low power bikes or bikes with a fairly linear power spread. I've been trying to get used to the big hit of power when you hit the right rev range. I accidently spun up the rear tire on 47 yesterday. Hopefully I will be able to learn the bike a bit better on the track. 

Most excellent B)

• Upvote 1

Paging @GSXR55

I have exchanged messages with Arron Edwards, we are good to go with the garage space. Not sure which one yet, they usually don't communicate that information until close to the actual date. 

I'll be looking for garage space too :)

Signed up for Putty. Need garage space and Ryan will for Saturday only. 

In for Sunday. Can't wait to see the new pavement! 

• Upvote 2

MCRA general meeting tonight at Hesslers 7:00pm or so :)

• Upvote 1

Fresh rubber. I have street tires on the other bike and rains mounted on another set of wheels. Hope I get to use them all this weekend and it looks like I might. :):hidecouch:

tmp_20184-20170412_1927191145141783.jpg

Hey crash, any experience with PP3 on your zx6?  I've heard the carcass is relatively soft and they can get greasy if you don't run a little more air pressure. I was thinking I might start 30/30 and just see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

I would say that is definitely true for PP2 but not so much for PP3 in my experience. At 30/30 you should have no problems at all I wouldn't think no matter how hard you run them. 30/28 should be okay as well but if you're concerned about it run a pound or two higher like you are planning.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the new pavement is a little stickier. :)

• Upvote 1

Should be plenty of room on the track Sunday! +1 on hoping the new pavement has better grip as I'll be on street tires. 

I left the S21s on the 2014. ;)

On 4/12/2017 at 7:35 PM, crash said:

Fresh rubber. I have street tires on the other bike and rains mounted on another set of wheels. Hope I get to use them all this weekend and it looks like I might. :):hidecouch:

tmp_20184-20170412_1927191145141783.jpg

Leave the rain at home, where's the "Not Like" button :)

Anyone meeting at the "Blue Owl" "Blue Springs Cafe" for lunch around 1100?

Running late, just now leaving...

I plan on leaving about 1:00 today, shooting for a 6:00 arrival in Cloverdale. Anyone up for Dinner there? 

• Upvote 1