crash

MCRA Putnam Park April 15-16 2017

I use nothing but the finest Chinese parts on my bikes. Having said that yesterday I just ordered a complete new set of stock fairings for my new bike to replace all the ones I broke. Someone bought a new 2016 to race and took the fairings off after about 25 miles. Now I need to find a place to pull the dent out of the tank. I think it should be an easy job for a paintless dent removable place as it's a smooth dent. Once I get that done and the new fairings on it should be just about like new.

• Upvote 2

I have a guy that fixed my GSXR tank and it looked flawless. I don't think he tookthe dent out just filled it in and repainted. 

I would rather pull it and go paintless if possible. I think there is a place in Maryville, or maybe even the body shop here in Troy can do it. Was going to ride to a couple of places and feel it out.

• Upvote 1

I've got Vortex rearsets

• Upvote 1

A good one from Saturday with Mike.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, crash said:

A good one from Saturday with Mike.

"It's a lot easier to think about in the car", he says...  I think I was still getting on the brakes going up the hill in that session... 'Very sad'...

• Upvote 1

You can actually see the race line on the track at Putnam. If you look on the track you can see a lighter colored patch about 6 or 8 feet wide. That is the preferred line.