stiffneck

MCRA Hallet May 27-28th, 2017

Anyone got plans yet...I'm planning...but not committed...yet :)

Where is the nearest lodging? I stayed in Rock Springs last year, but no-one else did :huh:

Sorry, but this one I am sitting out.  My next outing will be Putnam again in July.

• Upvote 1

Rock Springs or Sand Springs? I always stay in Sand Springs. I may camp this time if I go.

• Upvote 1

I would camp unless I don't have time or money to get the camper lights fixed and current registration on the thing.

I'm out for this one. I'll be at Autobahn doing the full course for the first time that weekend. I've done the north and south but not the full, should be interesting! 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 196paul said:

I'm out for this one. I'll be at Autobahn doing the full course for the first time that weekend. I've done the north and south but not the full, should be interesting! 

who (track group) are you going to Autobahn with?

• Still working out the details. I may be in.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jjester said:

who (track group) are you going to Autobahn with?

Sport Bike Track Time. This one is a freebie for me from winning the chili cook off at Road Atlanta last year. They are doing the north course Saturday, south course Sunday and then the full course on Monday. I like the south better than the north but I'm sure I'll like doing the full even more! You thinking about going?

16 hours ago, crash said:

Rock Springs or Sand Springs? I always stay in Sand Springs. I may camp this time if I go.

Only in my head was it Rock Springs :rolleyes:

It was the Best Western at Sand Springs.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 196paul said:

Sport Bike Track Time. This one is a freebie for me from winning the chili cook off at Road Atlanta last year. They are doing the north course Saturday, south course Sunday and then the full course on Monday. I like the south better than the north but I'm sure I'll like doing the full even more! You thinking about going?

Nice, not to this event. I'm thinking on trying to get in some track days some day in the future.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Road_Runner said:

The Autobahn (full track )is still my top track experience ! 

I hope that it will be dry for my full course day. The north course, when wet is by far the slickest piece of track I've ever experienced! The south side for some reason is fine in wet or dry conditions. My top track experience Is my first track day ever at Gateway in August 2014 on my cbr250r in pouring rain. I was scared, first time on a track and no idea of what kind of grip to expect, if any and I'll never forget it. It was one of the best experiences I've had in all of the various motor sports activities I've done in my life. Other notables, my first 65' triple jump in motocross and my first 6' vertical rock face obstacle in observed trials. I suppose anything you try for the first time with a doubt in your mind is worthy of a best experience, lol! 

• Upvote 3

IN for Saturday May 27th for Hallett :)

• Upvote 2

Road Trip! Road Trip! Road Trip! In like Flint.

• Upvote 1

Looks like I'm going to have to sign up here soon. Haven't decided if I'm going to try and sleep in my trailer this time or not. I guess it will depend on the weather.

• Upvote 1

@stiffneck, did you get a 2nd person for your room? I was thinking about sleeping in my trailer if the weather is nice (which it looks like it is going to be, temperature wise) but I remember not having any fun at all doing that at NCM. Was thinking about taking your 2nd spot if open, or I'll try to get a room last minute. I got BGD1 back into track mode last night and BGD2 mostly back into track mode this evening. I want to put the double bubble on the track fairings so have to make the long trip over to visit Zach and get some vinyl on it tomorrow night. Looks like I'm hauling Jhance Whittmer with me but he's camping at the track. He's driving in from Indiana and then I'm meeting him here in STL and loading up his stuff.

@crash. Adorn(Ryan) is going with me.

• Upvote 1

Awesome! What time are you guys heading out?

I was just about to ask, what's the agenda for Friday? (I had to look up agenda, can't spell either) :rolleyes:

Forgot, do we have Friday evening registration and or tech? I know we talked about it, can't find the times, if we do...

Here ha go. Yes Friday night registration. We're taking off from the IL side probably around 10:15 AM (meeting Jhance in Collinsville at 10 and transferring his stuff into my trailer). Here's the schedule:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/18671468_1699957333365900_164328132656227834_o.jpg?oh=a90ea2ac97f0323263e45397cfdf1572&oe=59B39018

And map:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/18699512_1699957310032569_6976350959878697125_o.jpg?oh=49f0850fec6e0df1d70ac3c83b335b50&oe=59A6CABC

• Upvote 1

I'll be picking up Ryan, at his place in Villa Ridge, as I drive down I-44. I told him "mid-morning", so I'll text him that I'll be there 0930ish.

Sounds good! Gotta load trailer tomorrow.

Change oil, then load, that should do it B)

I always feel like a little kid going to Disney land before a track day. I'm nervous, I'm excited. Is this the day I will finally lowside instead of flipping over my bike for the hundreth time?

• Upvote 1