whatarush

Late Spring Ride 2.0 Hermann (Sunday May 21st)

Home.  Thanks for leading Dave.  

• Upvote 7

Home, thanks for leading today Dave ?

• Upvote 7

Been home for a bit.  Overall a nice day.  Good to see everyone out.

• Upvote 7

Home 

good seeing everyone again i will try to not be such a stranger ?

• Upvote 8

Home safe! Good to see everybody, and thanks to Dave for setting it all up. 

• Upvote 9

Forgot to mention... I passed you guys on my way home when passing through Washington. Waved at you guys and didn't realize it was all of you until I completely passed everyone.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Morbo said:

Forgot to mention... I passed you guys on my way home when passing through Washington. Waved at you guys and didn't realize it was all of you until I completely passed everyone.

I thought that was you. :D

1 hour ago, Morbo said:

Yup.  We saw ya :)

2 hours ago, Morbo said:

I liked this post by accident. So I used the fancy new button to un like it. but then I felt bad un liking it so I un un liked it. 

• Upvote 4

Was nice meeting all you guys today!

Just a fyi I am horrible at remembering names so don't take offense, lol!

I had a much more comfortable and quicker pace ride today than the last time I rode with JJ and speed dmb.  It was my first ride with new tires, adjusted suspension, and some lever adjustments I had made.  I did however regret right away adjusting my shifter so low as I was uncomfortably trying to shift all day.  

My new pants also suck, lol!  The knee pads ride way above my knee when on the bike.  Oh well,  trial and error.  I still have more/better gear shopping to do anyway.

So don't anybody think I'm gay (although nothing wrong with being gay) :)if I ask you opinions on your gear, as I did a few of you today

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

I had a much more comfortable and quicker pace ride today than the last time I rode with JJ and speed dmb.  It was my first ride with new tires, adjusted suspension, and some lever adjustments I had made.  I did however regret right away adjusting my shifter so low as I was uncomfortably trying to shift all day.  

My new pants also suck, lol!  The knee pads ride way above my knee when on the bike.  Oh well,  trial and error.  I still have more/better gear shopping to do anyway.

So don't anybody think I'm gay (although nothing wrong with being gay) :)if I ask you opinions on your gear, as I did a few of you today

From time to time, I look like I know what I'm doing, even though I don't. For me, it's a never ending science project with turn.. after turn.. after turn.. :D

Fire away with questions... You've come to the the right place...

Chris

2006 blue Triumph Tiger 955

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Road_Runner said:

Sexy leather is important!

In my case I need every bit of help I can in that department  so I'll definitely try and only buy "sexy leather":flasher:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stiffneck said:

From time to time, I look like I know what I'm doing, even though I don't. For me, it's a never ending science project with turn.. after turn.. after turn.. :D

Fire away with questions... You've come to the the right place...

Chris

2006 blue Triumph Tiger 955

I appreciate it.  

When I got home I pulled my pants off and turned them inside out to see if the pads where adjustable inside the linings, and their not, unless I take them and have them altered.  So I just removed the pads entirely and will probably just use them when I'm riding the cruiser.  

They are still kevlar lined and the intention was to wear them when doing slower paced riding anyways.

I need to invest in some good riding leather for pants and jacket.  

Should I just go to that cycle gear place and try some stuff on?  Is there any other places local to check?  I've been to big st. Charles and they have a bunch of choices but not as much as cycle gear.  I like the idea of trying something on before I buy.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the knee pads riding too high when on the bike, I had the same problem in a pair of textile pants.  While the knee pad pockets were not adjustable either, the pads were shaped such that I was able to insert them upside down in the mesh pockets to get knee coverage.  What is lost is the coverage below the knee...which was exchanged for a bit of above-knee coverage now.

Of course this is just a potential interim solution...get the best gear that fits your budget and time frame.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

I had a much more comfortable and quicker pace ride today than the last time I rode with JJ and speed dmb.

Second time - It's SpeedDMD

Ask Galen @dogpark what happens when my name is misspelled :)

• Upvote 2

Oh... golly ... fix that right away... you don't want any part of that :)

• Upvote 3

Here's the only picture I took yesterday...

IMG_0997_zps44dlnma2.jpg

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, dogpark said:

Oh... golly ... fix that right away... you don't want any part of that :)

:D

• Upvote 1

I gotta work on fixing your name...to lose the DMD... It used to be easy but now with your screen name tied to you login I'm worried about adversely affecting your ability to login... but I'm working on it when I have time.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Galen. No rush.

59 minutes ago, dogpark said:

Here's the only picture I took yesterday...

IMG_0997_zps44dlnma2.jpg

Gene Gene the dancin' machine!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SpeedDMD said:

Second time - It's SpeedDMD

Ask Galen @dogpark what happens when my name is misspelled :)

Lighten up, Francis!

• Upvote 2