Irresponsible_Robot

Guess I'll do a Build Thread

Tires came in today. Michelin Power RS.

IMG_0277_zpstrgr1uqs.jpg

First impressions are bad. They're nowhere near smelly enough to give my house new car smell. :angry:

• Upvote 4

What size did you go with on the rear?

Ok. Wasn't sure if they made a 140. STG only showed down to a 150.  I'll have to see what you think after you get some miles on them.

Setting the sag this afternoon.

IMG_0293.JPG

I may or may not actually know what I'm doing.

• Upvote 8

That is a spiffy way of doing, good show!

• Upvote 1

I think I figured out why it sounds so much better than my 250 did. Apparently the PO took out the muffler bearing!

IMG_0297.JPG

Keep it that way :)

I had one lying around for reasons I don't fully recall, I thought I'd see how much of a difference it makes.

SCIENCE!!

• Upvote 1

Always remember to wear protection, kids. 

IMG_0299.JPG

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jjester said:

How do you like the fit and finish of the R&G covers?

I have these for my ZX6R track bike and was very happy with the fit and finish. However, I made the mistake of looking at a thread on a ZX6R site and there are a bunch of posts about these that are pretty negative.  There were guys saying that they cracked and fell apart after crashing. But I would rather sacrifice a plastic cover verses having to replace the clutch cover or the stator cover! Also if these keep the aluminum covers from cracking and leaking oil it seems to me they have done their job!  Oh well everyone has an opinion. Me I am happy with my purchase.

I got the GB racing on the ZX6 but they do not make them for the GSXS so I have been considering the R&G parts. As far as  know the R&G is AMA approved and the GB is WSBK approved. I am thinking whichever I get they will last one or 2 get offs and that will be about it. I am just not sold on getting the R&G so I have been holding off.

I've got no complaints about these, they went on without issue. I've seen sliders before that had replaceable metal bits for the contact points and would have rather gone with that style, but these were all I could find for my bike, so we'll see how they do.

I just happened to notice how much replacement crankcase covers are for this thing: $2 more than I payed for the sliders. <_<

10 hours ago, Irresponsible_Robot said:

I just happened to notice how much replacement crankcase covers are for this thing: $2 more than I payed for the sliders. <_<

Yes but the slider should keep the crankcase from cracking open.

• Upvote 1

At first I thought my connection crapped out, but now I see what you did there.  

99% done, just waiting on a McMaster order to finish mounting the gauges. 

20413947_1320439461388540_30999558110679

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Very nice 

Well, the first shakedown at Gateway has come and gone, and the only real deficiency I was able to find was ground clearance, as my lovely assistant Barry will help me illustrate:

20776355_1333860196713133_43120852063599

Hopefully these Tyga rearsets that came in today can be of some assistance in this matter.

20818976_1333859533379866_40590654738858

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

You already look cramped on there. Will you be comfortable with the new rearsets?

One way to find out, this thing only needs to be comfortable for ~20 minutes at a time. :D

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1