jjester

GSX-S1000 - Quicktime

So some of you all may have heard me talk about the throttle on my new bike was a little abrupt when I went on an off gas.  Seems to be a known issue with the new bike. I took it into Quicktime last night and Rudy tuned and flashed the ECU and the response is now completely smoothed out.

GSXS-Dyno.jpg

The bike is mostly stock other than the K&N air filter.

142 HP

74 Torque

• Upvote 4

Nice flat torque curve. It must pull like a beast from any RPM.

• Upvote 1

Working with Hayden Gillim on the new 2017 I can tell you the difference between the 2016 and 2017 is MASSIVE! Suzuki did their homework.

• Upvote 4

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2017 at 1:15 PM, 2004ZX10R said:

Working with Hayden Gillim on the new 2017 I can tell you the difference between the 2016 and 2017 is MASSIVE! Suzuki did their homework.

What were the main things you saw, did they do anything about the suspension?

And are you talking about R not the S?

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x5n4ts5" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5n4ts5_man-in-a-van-with-a-plan-2-0-race-update-virginia-international-raceway_auto" target="_blank">Man in a Van with a Plan 2.0 Race Update...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Cycleworld" target="_blank">Cycleworld</a></i>

For VIR we put in an off the shelf K-Tech DDS pressurized cartridge kit and a slightly modified K-Tech Shock.  For that round we used stock linkage and triple tree and modified geometry some.

• Upvote 1