jjester

K&N (after market) Oil Filters - Old Info

Modern FI bikes have ways to measure incoming air. Most bikes probably use a MAP sensor. If an aftermarket filter flowed more (within reason) the ecu would add more fuel to compensate. FWIW the guy that did the test is a Yamaha tuner.  He could not make more power with a K&N air filter. Some bikes might gain a little bit with a filter, but mine doesn't.

• Upvote 1

This is true young padawan. :) (I think that's the correct Star Wars terminology) :)

• Upvote 1

Do we have air filters on these things? :)

I use paper filters but I can see using K&N filters to save the environment.

Back to oil filters: I got a K&N for $1.58 thru Amazon.  At first I put into cart as an "add-on" item and it was about $7.00 which I figured was a good price.  Then next time I went to order something I noticed the price had gotten adjusted down so I hurried up and ordered.  Wondering if the supply/demand got upside-down from the racing ban and they needed to clear out overages; don't know.  But I just checked and the one I got was mfg'd in Thailand, so I guess I'm good.  I am the king of free/cheap/frugal/'gyps-um', but this was amazing.  I have another in my cart to try again, but doubtful they will make that mistake again...    

• Upvote 1

I would be surprised if the racing ban made a significant impact on sales.

Right but I thought I saw that mfg in Chyna was the problem? 

That's my understanding. I didn't know they made any in Thailand. I think that one should be good.