reed12b

MCRA Gateway Trackday August 5 and 6

stiffneck    982

Will be using camera #2 next time :)

stiffneck    982
12 minutes ago, crash said:

Yeah, if it recorded video and then recorded blank, it's not the battery. If the battery was dead it would just stop recording. If it goes to like black video you got other issues. Sounds like a bad camera.

That's it exactly what it did, no chance of it being a "SD" card?

crash    9,335

It would certainly be easy to test. Switch the SD card out from one to the other and see if the problem follows (or put in a new SD card).

• Thanks 1

stiffneck    982
28 minutes ago, crash said:

Could be the 3rd session. There would have still been another Novice session to dry the track a little more before the races. I will have to check my videos. I could tell you for sure if I match them up with yours.

Edited it from 4th to 3rd session, can't tell from the camera, which wasn't a problem before, must have dropped it too many times :blush:

dogpark    3,406
9 hours ago, crash said:

Man, I don't know how many years I've been running my Contours now and they're still going strong. At least a few of hours of battery capacity still.

Mine used to run all day... I would turn it off and back on at each major turn... I would have the whole day on video... Now it records the whole morning and then I start getting shorter and shorter record times as the day wears on after lunch.

• Upvote 1

GSXR55    344

I forgot to mention that my suspension is a lot better since taking bike to Velocity last month.  Should have taken when I first got bike; was nose-diving a lot due to payload and ham-handedness.  Fiddled with myself and did improve but wasn't quite right.  Now, I went all day and didn't think about, and zip ties show I had about 5/8" unused travel.  I realize that's another way of saying I'm braking way early still, but that's a work in progress.  Need to practice hard stops from speed and get more comfortable with now that bike is behaving right.

• Upvote 2

crash    9,335

Last night was the first of 2 MCRA general meetings where we take nominations for new board members and for rule changes. If you want to be a board member or want to nominate one you'll want to make next month's meeting. I didn't formally propose a rule change but I did toss out the idea of making it easier to get into the Grom race (would love to see Ed and his buddies out there). Right now it requires a full race license. I believe that requirement is unreasonable for what what we're doing which is just basically a charity race that doesn't pay out or award a trophy, on large minibikes.

My thought is we could still require a license but it would be a "Grom race license" and not a full race license which would require you to attend a race clinic which consists of classroom training, on-track riding in Intermediate group, and completing the mock race. Obviously that's a bit much for what amounts to a test the track session on steroids. I think 15 minutes of instruction and some proof of basic motorcycle competency (having a motorcycle license could be 1 form) and maybe 10 bucks (which also would go to the air fence fund) and you would receive your Grom race license which would qualify you for our future Grom fun day sessions.

Now, I don't have a Grom and really don't have enough interest to type up and propose an official rule change for the next meeting but I did throw the idea out there for anyone who might want to run with it. This could be a way to give people a taste of the track and a sample of our racing program. It could result in more future members/racers.

• Thanks 2

stiffneck    982

I could type something up before next meeting and debate it here first :)

• Thanks 1

MaximumJEFF    347
On August 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM, crash said:

Last night was the first of 2 MCRA general meetings where we take nominations for new board members and for rule changes. If you want to be a board member or want to nominate one you'll want to make next month's meeting. I didn't formally propose a rule change but I did toss out the idea of making it easier to get into the Grom race (would love to see Ed and his buddies out there). Right now it requires a full race license. I believe that requirement is unreasonable for what what we're doing which is just basically a charity race that doesn't pay out or award a trophy, on large minibikes.

My thought is we could still require a license but it would be a "Grom race license" and not a full race license which would require you to attend a race clinic which consists of classroom training, on-track riding in Intermediate group, and completing the mock race. Obviously that's a bit much for what amounts to a test the track session on steroids. I think 15 minutes of instruction and some proof of basic motorcycle competency (having a motorcycle license could be 1 form) and maybe 10 bucks (which also would go to the air fence fund) and you would receive your Grom race license which would qualify you for our future Grom fun day sessions.

Now, I don't have a Grom and really don't have enough interest to type up and propose an official rule change for the next meeting but I did throw the idea out there for anyone who might want to run with it. This could be a way to give people a taste of the track and a sample of our racing program. It could result in more future members/racers.

With a small grid like it was at Gateway, that wouldn't be a big deal. But, if you got 15-20 entries out there that have never seen the the 5 board before, it could get pretty sketchy. 

crash    9,335

See, that's the thing. There was no 5 board. It wasn't a full on race. It was "line em up" and "throw the flag".