GSXR55

Drag Racing at Gateway

Take your bmw out. Curious to see what it traps. 

E85 mix and catless downpipes + intake should be close enough to 400 whp, if not more. Should be trapping 112-115 I'd think. 

I do plan to take it out when I can.  So many kids with games just about every freaking night... lol.  I am not sure what the whp is right now but I know its a good bit more than it started with.  I turned off dtc and put it in sport mode and it pulls hard even while spinning the tires.  I tried to do a rolling 40 mph start and still spin the wheels for a good while when I stomp on it.  Once I get the E85 mix to at least 40% then I will also see about getting to a dyno with it.

Anyone know a place that does dyno cars?

5 hours ago, DemonDuck said:

I do plan to take it out when I can.  So many kids with games just about every freaking night... lol.  I am not sure what the whp is right now but I know its a good bit more than it started with.  I turned off dtc and put it in sport mode and it pulls hard even while spinning the tires.  I tried to do a rolling 40 mph start and still spin the wheels for a good while when I stomp on it.  Once I get the E85 mix to at least 40% then I will also see about getting to a dyno with it.

Do you have a datalogger?

6 hours ago, DemonDuck said:

Spin at 40 = lots of power!

17 hours ago, mangosmoothie said:

Do you have a datalogger?

I believe I have an app on the phone that does it.  Haven't played with it at all yet though.

3 hours ago, DemonDuck said:

I believe I have an app on the phone that does it.  Haven't played with it at all yet though.

If you get it to work, you can load data logs into this program https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/ Find a straight and flat road, and take a log in a single gear (probably 3rd or 4th). Ease into it so it doesn't spin and keep it in manual mode so it doesn't shift. Not suuuuuuuuuper accurate, but gets you in a decent ballpark. 

• Like 1

My buddies took their Groms to the strip in Topeka last month:

21457542_10155019421062684_4110107890938

• Like 1

Wow, they're poised to break the 20 second barrier!

On 10/9/2017 at 8:50 AM, GSXR55 said:

Wow, they're poised to break the 20 second barrier!

Give my 20 year old Dodge truck w/240,000 miles a run for the money :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, stiffneck said:

Give my 20 year old Dodge truck w/240,000 miles a run for the money :rolleyes:

I'm up to 258K on mine now after a recent 5000++ mile trip!

• Upvote 1