Morbo

MotoGP Austin 2018

I unfortunately wont be able to make this one but next year will be much easier for me.... Of course I will only be a couple hours away at that time.

Greetings fellas, I was planning on jetting down on Sat night but I had no idea they do demo rides, so I'm going to head down Thurs night.  I happen to be from the area before I moved to the STL area and if you would like I know of pretty good bbq down in those parts.  I'd love to meet up with y'all down there, be a perfect introduction to the group.  If you have a good POC number or would like mine let me know.  Thank you

https://www.blacksbbq.com/

http://smittysmarket.com/

https://saltlickbbq.com/

https://rudysbbq.com/

Austin needs no tour guide for nightlife but I have long list of good ol Texas Ice houses in the area.

• Like 3

Sounds good to me, we'll be in touch.

Weekend was a blast! Weather was great Friday and Sunday, not too bad on Saturday until we went to leave and then the rain started coming down. Never underestimate wind chill at COTA, it was freaking cold Sunday morning.

I posted some random pics on Facebook the past few days but here's a few from Friday & Saturday for the non-Facebook folks. Tonight I might get to do a few highlights from the races yesterday. Much better photos from Sunday.

gx0eGs3.jpg

MuT8T0h.jpg

qErhjMV.jpg

4WwnHoa.jpg

5jJqlwW.jpg

5mC8klK.jpg

NsPHqNP.jpg

6k6xwex.jpg

k4wUemy.jpg

VaofOos.jpg

Not a technically good picture but still interesting to look at...

s9GPMW6.jpg

fi1rXqk.jpg

A8asNnf.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Dang man these are pro.  Well done thanks for the shares. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice Jason. I like the 77 and 93 backing it in pictures.

Did you get the crash in a sequence or just that one shot?

30 minutes ago, Speed said:

Very nice Jason. I like the 77 and 93 backing it in pictures.

Did you get the crash in a sequence or just that one shot?

I got a few of the sequence, but that was the best one in terms of being in focus, the rest are much blurrier. When I get around to resizing the lot I'll have the other few from that crash in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanimal said:

Dang man these are pro.  Well done thanks for the shares. 

Thanks.. I can't wait to get through the race-day pics. I got some great shots from MotoGP where they're coming through Turn 8/9 and there's the sequence of riders tipping from left to right, similar to the one above of Lorenzo, Petrucci, and Rins. Plus I got a few good ones of Marquez carrying the Hayden flag at the end of the race.

29 minutes ago, Morbo said:

Thanks.. I can't wait to get through the race-day pics. I got some great shots from MotoGP where they're coming through Turn 8/9 and there's the sequence of riders tipping from left to right, similar to the one above of Lorenzo, Petrucci, and Rins. Plus I got a few good ones of Marquez carrying the Hayden flag at the end of the race.

Just the umbrella girl would be good.  Sorry, there I go violating your rules again, but it's for Bud you see...

1 minute ago, GSXR55 said:

Just the umbrella girl would be good.  Sorry, there I go violating your rules again, but it's for Bud you see...

Not sure why anything is "my rule" but sorry, no umbrella girls. :unsure:

Rolled into Perryville around 5 this morning. Assuming Dave and Erica made it home in one piece I think we can mark this one down as a win.

Now to start going thru my over 9,000 (!) shots from Saturday/Sunday and figure out how I'm going to blackmail Karel Abraham.

You guys drove straight through?

3 hours ago, GSXR55 said:

Why am I getting blamed for everything? But yeah how could you not get umbrella girl pics? Let me guess with that lens you were zoomed in too far?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nope, never actually saw any. They had girls wandering the vendor tents trying to get you to sign up for a credit card but that's about it.

5 hours ago, Morbo said:

You guys drove straight through?

We did. The last 30 miles was rough. My neck was sore as hell.