crash

Application submitted (PPIHC)

And let the training begin .... light beer!

I already gave up the beer a couple weeks ago (except for the STLAR meeting and MCRA meeting I had 2 beers each). Now the tough part, diet and exercise. :( I'll start tomorrow. :)

Start in moderation... it'll be easy 🏋🏼‍♀️

Crash,come on over and Pump Iron with Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not some kind of kinky talk is it?

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, crash said:

I already gave up the beer a couple weeks ago (except for the STLAR meeting and MCRA meeting I had 2 beers each). Now the tough part, diet and exercise. :(I'll start tomorrow. :)

Where have I heard that before <_<:wait::rolleyes:

May have to help U out with this part...

Good luck getting excepted...

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 8:49 AM, crash said:

That's not some kind of kinky talk is it?

It feels fantastic - Arnold :)

EDIT: He says other things in there but it is 'kinky'

• Haha 1

So we need to schedule a bunch of pie runs and while everyone is eating pie Todd will have to watch and drool. 

• Haha 2

I think I'm afraid of heights :)

As the time gets closer you should try getting in some high altitude training (biking, jogging). This may sound strange, but take a gameboy or something of the sort with you when training. Play a game which forces you to focus and make quick reactions. Play it before you start your training, and continue to play any time you stop and take a break. Altitude has an affect on the brain, and your mental sharpness will decrease. Mental strength is going to be just as important as physical, or you won't be able to react as quickly towards the top of the peak.

Here's an article on altitude and your brain.

http://www.wemjournal.org/article/S1080-6032(99)70850-1/pdf

I've done a lot of riding between 12 and 14 thousand feet over the last 15 years and I'm personally not that worried as it hasn't really effected me nearly as much as a few of my buddies who shall remain nameless (Dozer Dave). Most of that is dirt biking which to be honest requires waaaay more energy than what this 10 minute street bike ride will require. As long as I get myself back into relatively good shape and I spend some time up there in the week prior to the run I think I'll be fine. I'll still be slow but it won't be for lack of altitude prep.

5 hours ago, crash said:

I've done a lot of riding between 12 and 14 thousand feet over the last 15 years and I'm personally not that worried as it hasn't really effected me nearly as much as a few of my buddies who shall remain nameless (Dozer Dave). Most of that is dirt biking which to be honest requires waaaay more energy than what this 10 minute street bike ride will require. As long as I get myself back into relatively good shape and I spend some time up there in the week prior to the run I think I'll be fine. I'll still be slow but it won't be for lack of altitude prep.

No need to throw Dozer under the bus so fast LOL.

Do you have a crew yet/ Place to stay, etc???

• Like 1

I reserved a hotel room right away so I would at least have "something". I haven't worked out crew or any other details. I figured I would wait until I find out if I get accepted before going too far. They'll let me know in a little over a month (Jan 16th). Would be cool to get a house instead and let whoever wanted to be involved come on out.

@crash - When do you find out if you're in?