Sign in to follow this  
crash

I'm a dumbass!

If there was any doubt (probably wasn't), this should remove it:

x2slim-ruined.thumb.jpg.f5454fa4742466512fa58561a6ea8f48.jpg

See all of those little pieces? Those pieces used to be the mount for my new x2 slim.

Pro tip: If you develop a dirty headphone connection in that mount, do NOT, I repeat do NOT spray this contact cleaner in the jack it or it will look like the above in about 30 seconds:

411CvV4yAwL.jpg

Now, I have used this contact cleaner on a million things, including my x1 slim (almost 100% sure of that) and have never had an issue. Whatever Chinese plastic they used in the mounting system for the x2 apparently doesn't agree with it. It doesn't appear to have messed up the x2 itself, just the mount (which is a critical component in the new x2 system). Hope I can buy just a new mount.

Thanks Dave! That is a way better price than I had expected! Obviously not a KTM part. :)

Don’t feel bad, Todd.  NEVER  apply Mentholatum Deep Heating Rub to a sore leg muscle and take a middle-of-the-night piss a couple of hours later. Trust me on this.

THIS is what you want to use. CAIG Laboratories DeoxIT was recommended by Mazda's Techline for corrosion repair and protection, and worked well on engine control unit 140-pin connectors.  Never damaged plastic. Ive used CRC Electramotive Cleaner and most all of CRC's automotive cleaner line, but Ive found DeoxIT is the best, safest, longest lasting  electric/electronic cleaner Ive used on the job. I still use it at home. We used to get it in a 2-spray blister-packed card, 1 a contact cleaner, the other a contact protector. Best price Ive found for DeoxIT was at Gateway Electronics in the Westport area of St Louis.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DeoxIT

• Like 1

I used some adhesive remover to get rid of some painters tape residue off my tail section of my FZ1... I tested it on a place under the rear seat and the fairing material was fine so I sprayed it on the tail section... didn't think that the tail light is made from a different plastic which the chemical "melted".

• Like 1