crash

2018 Challenge

Start 220

Current 216

Goal 210

Still working on the goal, doing special K cereal for breakfast and dinner. Lunch anything you want.

• Upvote 2

217#    progress.  Need to step up running!

• Upvote 1

Start-306

Current-280.6

Goal 250

So far down 25.4 lbs and holding pretty steady. Took the last month off from counting calories. Looking to hit it hard again to work on the next 30 lbs. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Trying to get consistent with pushups/situps.  Here's how I'm doing: 

34 s/u + 1 min rest

25 p/u + 1 min rest

33 s/u + 1 min rest

25 p/u + 1 min rest 

33 s/u (retire to casket) = 7:40 today; not too shabby me thinks. 

Holding at 217#

• Like 1

Up four pounds but I'm lucky because all I Gota do is eat what Kathy cooks and stay out of restaurants and I'll be good.

On the other hand if I had a real job that would be much more complicated.

Today I tacked my 2 mile run on the end:

7:50 p/u & s/u

3:30 rest

23:25 run

34:45 total

Should be able to get 34:00 'easy'...

19 minutes ago, GSXR55 said:

Today I tacked my 2 mile run on the end:

7:50 p/u & s/u

3:30 rest

23:25 run

34:45 total

Should be able to get 34:00 'easy'...

Giving me something to aspire to. Actually, if I run after situps I get some nasty muscle cramps usually.

Starting weight: 172

Last weight: 162

Current weight: 160

Perfect goal: 145-150

Realistic Goal: 155-160

I'm sure Easter will make the number go up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

186 :smack:

This week I started a differant approach. Working out was making me so damn hungry in the evenings, so I stopped working out and not eating anything at all after lunch during the week.  Down three lbs so far:headbang:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jjester said:

Not sure if you all have this already, but I think this site has a lot of useful stuff.

https://darebee.com/

I'm gonna get right on the one-armed pushups!  No doubt that's what I've been missing...Thanks.

Just now, GSXR55 said:

I'm gonna get right on the one-armed pushups!  No doubt that's what I've been missing...Thanks.

Make sure you get that on video - before you head to the ER for shoulder evaluation.

1 hour ago, jjester said:

Not sure if you all have this already, but I think this site has a lot of useful stuff.

https://darebee.com/

Thanks for sharing it. I like the variety they have.

I have dropped 10 lbs, would like to lose15-20 more.

I am eating fruit like there's no tomorrow. Cherries, peaches, apples, nectarines.

No white bread. No junk food. Pizza on wheat crust only. exercising like a madman. Lots of water every hour.

Havent had one drop of soda diet or otherwise for 5+ months. Shoulder pain gone, blood sugars excellent, A1C numbers right on target.

And I dont miss all the unhealthy stuff I was eating/drinking before.

Besides a hopeful longer healthier life, I am looking forward to...

A quicker, better handling bike. Getting reacquainted with all the moto-clothes I put away didnt fit me a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Several years ago our across-the-street neighbor moved away. She was good friends with my wife. She was getting rid of all the things she didnt want to take with her down to Florida. Before she retired she was a nurse/Dr assistant.

One item she had, and gave me, was her doctor's scale. An older mechanical sliding-weight step-on scale. Pristine condition, exact same measurement as compared with my doctor's electronic scale.

I keep it in my man-cave. Sounds dumb, I know, but this scale makes me check myself every day, keeps me on track, pisses me off when it reads higher, encourages me on when it reads lower. It stands directly across from my exercycle( some pro-model 40-lb counterweighted fully adjustable torture device) my son Ryan gave me.

Walk into said man-cave, stand on the scale, set the computer to Pink Floyd or Rush, and 20 minutes on the bike and Im a new man.

But I have to say...the real drive for this lifestyle change is this thread. To see all of you have success in this drives me on.

Thank you all. I should have done this years ago.

• Upvote 2

I'm only 26 but my metabolism is starting to slow something fierce. I've previously had very active jobs until I got my big boy job winter before last. Now I'm mostly a seat warmer and its showing. I'm working on maintaining myself. I'm not always successful. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, koth442 said:

I'm only 26 but my metabolism is starting to slow something fierce. I've previously had very active jobs until I got my big boy job winter before last. Now I'm mostly a seat warmer and its showing. I'm working on maintaining myself. I'm not always successful. 

Your battles are just beginning, you'll win some and lose some. I have an "active" job which helps, but also cuts into things I want to do, such as ride more B)

• Like 1