Ztron

Motorcycle Insurance

I pay too much. $720/year

Someone on another forum suggested Dairyland. Their quote is much cheaper with better coverage (on paper). Anyone have suggestions or experience with these or other companies that would help? 

I know I am a little weird, but I get liability only on all my bikes through Progressive for 75 bucks per year. I don't expect my insurance company to cover my bikes with the way I ride them so no sense in putting full coverage on them. With all the money I save I just pay for any damages out of pocket. I have come out ahead so far. Of course having over 20 grand in my latest bike makes it a little tougher decision, but on the other hand, it's more incentive to keep the shiny side up.

• Upvote 1

For reasons I don't care to explain I'm required to keep full coverage plus up to $50k liability on my bikes. Progressive has always been the least expensive plus they cover each passenger medical claim up to $25k. 

• Like 3

I know some guys that have dairyland for their mc coverage and they also say its the least expensive and best coverage vs any others theyve had.

I dont have it but will definetly check into it when it comes time for me to change in a year or so.

(Knock on wood) I've never had a claim in my life so I cant give feedback but if I was to advise I would do some searching on the internet and make a list of several insurance companys and call them one by one and see what they quote you and then compare. Its time consuming and a pita, but might be worth it.

I had geico for years and with a perfect driving record just kept handing them my money every 6 months till my pop told me I should switch every few years as I will always find it cheaper with another company that wants my business.

I called allstate and their quote was literally hundreds less per year and even better coverage than what I had :smack:

That pretty much makes me a poster boy for all these stupid fk'n car insurance commercials we see on tv now :look:

I also had recently discovered that Geico donates radar guns to police so that certainly made it very easy for me to tell them to go pound sand:headbang:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dogpark said:

For reasons I don't care to explain....

NOW YOU DONE WENT AND DONE IT!!  

Guys we gotta get to the bottom of this and get some good rumors started!!! :stir_the_pot:

I heard he's leading a double life

Thats all I'm gonna say....for now...  :rolling:

• Upvote 1

I am kind of embarrassed to say I carry full coverage on all four of my bikes and it runs me 126 a month. But  so far I am ahead. :)  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OhNoItsBonnie! said:

NOW YOU DONE WENT AND DONE IT!!  

Guys we gotta get to the bottom of this and get some good rumors started!!! :stir_the_pot:

I heard he's leading a double life

Thats all I'm gonna say....for now...  :rolling:

I wish it was only a double life. It's the 3rd and 4th one that suck.

• Upvote 1

I have state farm on all 10 bikes and my 2 cars and house.

its not cheap but I have had state farm forever and really like my agent so I just stick with them.

a buddy of mine crashed is klr 650 off road while we were riding in the smoky mountains and he had progressive,the estimate they wrote him on a bike that was a total loss was horrible.

I have been a damage appraiser for 35 years so I know how bad it was :)

if you want cheap go with that , but don't be upset when the service is cheap as well .

I deal with every insurance company every day. 

• Upvote 1

I like cheap and know what to expect. Liability only here, $125/year for the FJ1200.

Full coverage on a new 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS would be $650/year

I'm not buying one, just checking - 

really

seriously

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dippnet said:

I am kind of embarrassed to say I carry full coverage on all four of my bikes and it runs me 126 a month. But  so far I am ahead. :)  

Don't be embarrassed for being old school. I have full coverage too and for this main reason; MEDICAL EXPENSE... MEDICAL EXPENSE... MEDICAL EXPENSE...

I don't trust my employer's health plan to cover all cases. I know my employer's health plan is limited. And, I don't want to get stuck with a $100,000.00 bill... should it happen.

Insurance is all about reading the policy and knowing what's covered and what's not and that includes you employee health plan :wait:

I have Nation Wide and they took care of my broken collar bone and everything else that happened.

Don't assume, could cost you plenty down the road.

• Like 3

insurance is a gamble, plain and simple :)

I like to know I'm covered by a good company , :shortbus:

• Like 1

Interesting fun fact. I had 2 ZX6Rs and 2 ZX10Rs on my policy. When I sold Amy one of my ZX6Rs I went to take it off my policy and noticed my premium would actually increase rather than decrease so I still have Amy's bike listed on my policy. :)

• Confused 1

If you're buying a bike or car and financing over 50% of the sales price. Get gap insurance. I've seen it save a lot of people. And I've also seen a lot of people thrown into a bad situation because they don't have it.

And it's usually $5- $10 more a month.

• Like 1

Comments will be tossed in a bag and a winner will be randomly drawn. Thanks for the info! 

Less than $200 a year for full coverage... ON BOTH BIKES!!! Sometimes it pays to own 250's, most of the time it doesn't...