Morbo

Paint work

Anyone in here ever get any body work professionally painted? Any you track guys with track fairings get them painted? If so, where, and would you recommend them?

I may be able to get a barely-used FZ-10 for a ridiculously good price but I flat out hate the color. I can get a pretty good deal on a brand new one in my preferred color but it'd be almost $3k more to get it. I figured it'd be worth trying to get an idea of what it costs to paint the ugly bits.

• Upvote 1

I have a patient who is a retired automotive painter and he did a great job on the tank but it is more than somebody who isn't professional. I also had @gonecrazy paint some fairings and bought fairings from him that looked pretty good. Not professional but neither was his price. @freak may know someone since he works at a collision center.

Thanks @Speed. I reached out to freak but it sounds like his place doesn't do bikes. I actually looked into it and it may be feasible to buy the black OEM parts, swap them on, and sell the gray bits to recoup the price. Would probably be cheaper than the paint job.

I figured one of Ed's guys may do side work but I guess not.

Not likely. The bike I'm looking at has less than 200 miles. It's just one color.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, Speed said:

I have a patient who is a retired automotive painter and he did a great job on the tank but it is more than somebody who isn't professional. I also had @gonecrazy paint some fairings and bought fairings from him that looked pretty good. Not professional but neither was his price. @freak may know someone since he works at a collision center.

That reminds me. I still have your fairings. It was nice and warm today so I moved them out of the garage and back into the trailer (along with my green ones).

2 minutes ago, crash said:

That reminds me. I still have your fairings. It was nice and warm today so I moved them out of the garage and back into the trailer (along with my green ones).

I'm not over that way as much any more but I will try to make it tomorrow or I can get them from you at the next meeting if you're not riding.

Yousef and I are heading to Edwardsville to get something done tomorrow then over to Carbondale to look at the CBR that Evan pointed out. There were a few in STL but the people selling them are flakes.

So, if I finish in Edwardsville early enough, I can swing by your house in the morning (around 10:30 or 11) if you are working from home. Let me know.

No hurry. I am working from home if you wanted to stop by. Or we can meet for lunch somewhere and I can bring them.