dogpark

Finally got out today.

Finally got out for a little today. Got the ST1300 cleaned up gonna try and trade Ol'blue off tomarrow night.

IMG_151959777839F.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, draginpegs said:

What are you getting to replace Blue????

Hopefully an FJR ES

• Like 1

Are you sure about the 'ES'. I saw mixed reviews on that.

I got out today :) and I may have time this afternoon to ride a bit.

IMG_20180226_081824499.jpg

No I'm not sure of anything ...  I'll see what they can dig up... they have nothing in stock

23 minutes ago, dogpark said:

No I'm not sure of anything ...  I'll see what they can dig up... they have nothing in stock

From what I remember when looking for mine, ES stands for electronic suspension and something about poor adjustability. So, for less money, get the 'manual' adjustment :) which is basically a lever. The front may have an advantage with ES but not sure.

http://www.fjrowners.com/forums/8-fjr-central/120114-2016-fjr-es-vs-stock-suspension.html

Here's a good statement:

If your choice between A and ES is limited to a bone stock A versus an ES then the ES has big advantage. If you ride solo and handling is a major factor in how you ride the A has the edge. I have yet to see Yamaha advertise "dynamic" ES. Ducati, Aprilla and BMW (maybe others) do have dynamic adjustment. Dynamic meas that the suspension itself does the adjustments on the fly. An FJR AIN'T NO Multistrada or Caponord and won't handle with either. IMO, having owned two BMW's with ES, the FJR ES has a major limitation, but so does the A, that's the shock. Your can easily fix that on an A, but it gets pricey and complicated on an ES. Also, you are pretty much stuck with the front suspension on an ES, you aren't on an A.

I will add this - once you set the bike up, you will not likely change any of that crap again anyway.

Ok I got the 2018A based on your recommendation .

• Like 7

Wow! That was faster than Ed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dogpark said:

Ok I got the 2018A based on your recommendation .

Now what kind of sail boat is 2018A? :stir_the_pot:

congrats .

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, natnaz said:

congrats .

I like mine and I don't think it's a huge compromise for a sport tourer. It might drag pegs sometimes but it also hauls ass with 2 up.

Galen even gets the six speed version. That's one thing I would like to have.

• Like 1

Do you remember that Galen was talking about not riding anymore and picking up sailing? That’s what I’m saying. Even though I’m glad he keeps riding and is picking up a new bike.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, natnaz said:

Do you remember that Galen was talking about not riding anymore and picking up sailing? That’s what I’m saying. Even though I’m glad he keeps riding and is picking up a new bike.

Oh I forgot... sorry I thought you were knocking his choice.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, natnaz said:

congrats .

I knew what he meant... I can haul all my sailing gear over to Carlyle on this... and  I will not have to spend so much time on maintenance. Ol'blue was a great bike but getting a little long in the tooth. I also have some trips to Arkansas and Iowa/Wisconsin I want to make.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dogpark said:

I knew what he meant... I can haul all my sailing gear over to Carlyle on this... and  I will not have to spend so much time on maintenance. Ol'blue was a great bike but getting a little long in the tooth. I also have some trips to Arkansas and Iowa/Wisconsin I want to make.

You mean like this? :)

Whacked_out_001.jpg

EDIT: Except with a sail I guess :)

• Haha 6

Isn't that what the thing on the back's called?

• Haha 1

Galen, I have your next vehicle picked out. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

You can thank me later:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/25/2018 at 7:00 PM, dogpark said:

Hopefully an FJR ES

Did you get it? Did you get it?

How in the world you guys get a new bike and then not post pics of it???:crazy::P

When I get a new bike I'm so excited I damn near pee my pants :rolling:

I guess I'm gonna have to go google it to see what a fjr es looks likeB):D

It's still in the crate... they have to prep it.... that's $380.00 ... I won't see it until at least the week end... maybe next week. Then I have to get insurance and license and all that crap... $700.00 (or there abouts) in sales tax... ugh!

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/fjr1300a

• Like 2

Patience Grasshopper,patience 

• Like 1

I love that mat blue :headbang:  congrats sir

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, freak said:

I love that mat blue :headbang:  congrats sir

I'm still warming up to it. The mid and tail sections are still gloss soooo ... it takes a little getting used to.. .That's why I was looking for a 2017 (all gloss black) but it would have cost more for a "last year" bike to have them go hunt one down.

• Like 1

I'm hope'in to do some cruis'in but right now I'm just in limbo land. I'm out all the money with no bike wonder'in how they are gonna screw me next. I've transferred the title and insurance so it's my bike and don't have any indication of when or even if I will ever see it. I asked the service guy "Chris" a question and he told me "I'm dealing with four problems right now and yours isn't one of them." All I have to show is an empty checking account and a lot of frustration.

• Sad 2