jjester

MotoGP 2018

I haven't watched Moto2 or 3 yet - I watch those at work when I have time. Not today :(

Interesting development this weekend...

They're racing... they're racing... they're racing... boom they're gone.

• Haha 1

The top speed record for MotoGP was set today at about 221 MPH! OMG!

• Like 1

So far watched MotoGP and Moto2... really good races.

From MotoGP:

After weeks of rumours, it has been confirmed that Joan Mir will be joining Team Suzuki Ecstar in MotoGP™ for 2019 and 2020. The 20-year-old, from Palma de Mallorca, is the reigning Moto3™ World Champion and he'll be lining up alongside MotoGP™ sophomore Alex Rins - continuing Suzuki’s philosophy of continuously searching for young talents to welcome and to help to grow, with Rins now a premier class podium finisher and considered a pillar of the Hamamatsu factory's project.

So I guess I'm out... Seriously though, is it normal for them to go from moto3 to gp?

11 minutes ago, GSXR55 said:

So I guess I'm out... Seriously though, is it normal for them to go from moto3 to gp?

He was Moto3 champ but he move to Moto2 this year I think and he's so consistent, he will be in MotoGP next year. He may not win as much in Moto2 but he is consistently good.

1 hour ago, GSXR55 said:

Definitely not normal, I think the only one that’s done it is Miller. Seems to have worked out, though. 

1 hour ago, Irresponsible_Robot said:

Definitely not normal, I think the only one that’s done it is Miller. Seems to have worked out, though. 

Hopefully he's got the right stuff!

I got GO90 set up to watch the races.  Here's what I learned:  even the guy named Suzuki doesn't want to ride their bike...

3 hours ago, GSXR55 said:

I got GO90 set up to watch the races.  Here's what I learned:  even the guy named Suzuki doesn't want to ride their bike...

What is GO90, an app or something?

8 hours ago, reed12b said:

What is GO90, an app or something?

Yes.  Looks like it gives you shortened video of the 3 races.  

Not really surprising, though. Dude's been a Honda man for years, if he retires now he's pretty much guaranteed a cushy gig as a "brand ambassador". If he leaves for Yamaha he forfeits that and probably breaks a couple more collarbones in the process.

Now the question is who Petronas puts in that seat. With Pedrosa off the table pickings are pretty slim as far as quality MotoGP riders go. Maybe somebody from WSBK?

That was an awesome race.

All 3 races were pretty awesome. But seriously, when ISN'T moto3 epic? It was nice to see JLO put up a fight. Even better to see someone other than MM on top of the podium. 

1 hour ago, koth442 said:

All 3 races were pretty awesome. But seriously, when ISN'T moto3 epic? It was nice to see JLO put up a fight. Even better to see someone other than MM on top of the podium. 

Watching Moto3 now. It's always good. Like a quick chess game.

• Like 1

Just watched Moto2... what a finish.

• Like 1

I didn't get to watch the last round unfortunately. No DVR and wasn't replayed on Bein :(

I have antenna for TV and Netflix only, so the only 'entertainment' I splurge on is the MotoGP subscription. I watch it at work between patients :)