I am a new rider and new to Saint Louis. My goal is get over the fear of leaning. Also, I want to improve my skills on a bike. I am looking to ride with a group that will give me advice and to help me improve.

That is a great bike. It was my first street bike. Definitely watch the forum for rides and if you can come out to a meeting. 

2 hours ago, TheUnknownRider said:

I am a new rider and new to Saint Louis. My goal is get over the fear of leaning. Also, I want to improve my skills on a bike. I am looking to ride with a group that will give me advice and to help me improve.

Welcome to Stlar!

The best advice I can give you is to obtain a copy of the book "Total Control"  by Lee Parks   volume 1 and/or volume 2. Read it carefully and practice every time you go out.

"Fear of leaning"....  Dont be afraid. Fear is when you dont know what can happen.YOU KNOW what can happen. In these books and elsewhere look up "Countersteering". I practice countersteering each and every time I'm out on a bike. Keep one thing firmly in mind: YOU control the machine. Dont let the machine control you.

There's tons of advice you'll get, some of it will be contradictory... Listen, choose, decide on what you want to accomplish.... Here is one set of concepts. It's hosted on facebook...

• Like 2

Welcome to the group! 

Welcome. There are a lot of good riders in this group from all aspects of riding. I agree with Terry on the books and watch Twist of the Wrist (should be available 'free') on YouTube. It looks cheesy but is very helpful.

Welcome ?

I'd welcome you to the group, but I'm afraid that if we get to know you then you'll have to change your name. :D

Welcome :)

This is the perfect group to learn from.  :headbang:

Welcome!  Among other things, spend time in a parking lot with cones and weave around them slow/medium/fast with different setups.