Morbo

Class Action Suit against BSC

Got a notice in the mail about a class action lawsuit against Big St. Charles regarding purchasing a vehicle from them between 2/28/2012 and 5/4/2018.

If interested, more info available at www.bigstcharlessettlement.com

When I read it it stated "certain used vehicles," I've bought a used vehicle from them so I do think I qualify.

My notice stated (as did the website) that it applies to new and/or used vehicle purchases.

• Thanks 1

Cool, Terry also told me to to take another look so I reread the info and I see where my confusion was. There appears to be  2 parts to the lawsuit.

Administrative Fee class: All persons who purchased a vehicle from Big St. Charles from February 28, 2012 through May 4, 2018 who were charged an “administration,” “administrative,” “doc,” or “admin” fee greater than $0.00 on the Bill of Sale where the Bill of Sale did not disclose that the fee is not an official fee required by law and may result in a profit to the dealer.

Destination Charge Class: All persons who purchased a used vehicle from Big St. Charles from March 1, through May 4, 2018 who were charged a “destination” charge greater than $0.00 on the Bill of Sale.

Thank you for point this out!!

Either way, I know I can't wait to get my settlement check for $0.32. :)

15 hours ago, Morbo said:

Either way, I know I can't wait to get my settlement check for $0.32. :)

That's what I told JJ. By the time the lawyers are done with it, nothing will be left.

Is it really 32 cents?  Usually you get about $11 from these things...

Nah, I was being facetious.

I think the most I've gotten from a CAL is like $6 or $7.

If I remember right, the postcard I got said that it’s up to $100 if you qualify for both parts, don’t remember how it was divided between them. In the form of a BSC gift certificate, natürlich. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:35 PM, Morbo said:

www.bigstcharlessettlement.com 

from there go to the FAQ page

https://secure.dahladmin.com/HUBER/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#q4

What can I get from the settlement?

Under the terms of the settlement, Big St. Charles will provide to all class members who submit a valid claim as part of the Administrative Fee Class a $79.00 gift card to Big St. Charles. Big St. Charles will provide to all class members who submit a valid claim as part of the Destination Charge Class a $20.00 gift card to Big St. Charles. Class members may potentially be a part of either or both classes. The gift cards can be used the same as cash, and cannot be redeemed for cash but does not otherwise require a minimum purchase, at Big St. Charles Motorsports, LLC and/or its online store. Gift Cards will expire 5 years from date of receipt, with the card to retain its full unused value during that time. Gift Cards shall not be assignable or transferable.

In addition, Big St. Charles will also agree to pay Peter Huber $3,500 for serving as the Class Representative. Big St. Charles will agree to pay Class Counsel $305,000 in attorney’s fees. The amount of the Class Representative’s service award and attorney’s fees awarded by the Court will not reduce the amounts to which each class member may receive, and are subject to court approval.

The attorney is getting their's.

• Upvote 1

Wow the attorney got 3860 more times of $79.00

Now that’s what you call Big stcharles getting the shaft by the attorney. Poetic Justice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone heard anything on this??  I'm still waiting for my check for 32 cents.

I did mine but not anything so far.

1 hour ago, jjester said:

Has anyone heard anything on this??  I'm still waiting for my check for 32 cents.

I cam spot ya till the check comes in. I know your good for it buddy! ?

• Haha 1

I don't know what to think about Big St Charles. I did not enjoy my business experience with them, but they did eventually made it right. It does not surprise me they got sued for something though.

My BSC settlement is coming in the mail today.

5 hours ago, Morbo said:

My BSC settlement is coming in the mail today.

Great. We'll let you buy a round or two the next time we get you out. 

• Like 1

"barkeep... A round of waters for all my friends... on me."

• Haha 2

Got my $79 Gift Card today.