Aodrn

2007 ZX6R for sale (SOLD)

My wife is strongly discouraging any more track days. I'm selling my bike and I'm gonna start looking for something a little more trip friendly. Here is a copy of the craigslist ad and the link. I put $2300 on craigslist since everyone always tries to lowball. I would be happy to come off of that for anyone here to avoid the craigslist hassle. 

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-zx6r/6660550346.html

I am the third owner of this bike. It has been passed amoung friends. John was the original owner. He made it about 1500 miles and had a low speed slide. It didn't hurt anything but the plastics and the bar end, but it scared him and he parked it for 3-4 years. Jacob bought it and put all new factory plastics on it. He rode it for about 2500 miles and then had two kids a year apart. Thats when I bought it. 
The Good
-Less than 7,500 miles
-Forks rebuilt by Velocity Calibrations in May 2018
-Brakes have just been bled with fresh dot 4
-Brand new chain
-Driven TT rearsets
-Two brothers exhaust with removable decibel killer
-Double bubble style windscreen
-Wire mod (switches American bikes to the Euro mapping adding HP above 13,000rpm)
-Plenty of tread left on Michelin pp3
-Clean title in my name

The Bad
-I wrecked it. All the plastics are really rough. They are completely solid however. I put them together with epoxy and zip ties. It is super ugly but completely functional. 
-Tank is dented. Hole in tank was repaired with a welder.
-Small dent in the frame from handlebar. Does not appear to affect anything functionally
-Tire date code says they are about 5 years old

This is the perfect bike for a track guy, stunter, or beginner (you are going to drop it anyway). The bike is in perfect mechanical shape. You could buy some ebay fairings and a tank cover for less than $800 and it would look as good as it runs. I would keep it, but after this last wreck my wife is making it not worth it.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

GLWS...

U still going to ride :wait:

I want something along the lines of a sport touring....I think. Maybe adventure touring? Something I can take on trips is as far as I have gotten so far. 

• Upvote 1

Well that didn't take long. I'm a little depressed now

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2018 at 7:31 PM, Aodrn said:

Well that didn't take long. I'm a little depressed now

Until you get your sport tourer. I like my FJR

Actually, if I were to sport tour alone (without my wife), I would get this

1 hour ago, Speed said:

Actually, if I were to sport tour alone (without my wife), I would get this

That is a super nice looking bike. I really dig the noise from those cross plane motors

The FJ09 / Tracer 900 isn't too cramped for the passenger. I believe the Tracer GT's footpegs are even a touch lower than previous year's FJ. I've ridden with my wife, she never felt uncomfortable except for the stock seat being a POS. But a Corbin fixed that problem right away.

Lots of 1000 and 650 V-Stroms and Versys to choose from, can't go wrong with either. Also, my aging 2006 Triumph 955 Tiger, but not as many around anymore.