Morbo

Software updated to 4.3.5

Please report any issues.

• Thanks 1

Nothing so far. Thank you for taking care of that stuff.

That stuff is over my head:

• Like 2

pies_zpscb2cfc01.jpg

It kinda looks like photobucket is allowing links back to their hosted pictures again with a watermark... so I just put this here as a test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's an update to 4.3.6 that's been out for weeks but it involves changing some of the customization so I've been holding off on applying it until I can actually sit down and figure out what I'll need to redo. Be forewarned, I may be asking for your guidance.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Morbo said:

There's an update to 4.3.6 that's been out for weeks but it involves changing some of the customization so I've been holding off on applying it until I can actually sit down and figure out what I'll need to redo. Be forewarned, I may be asking for your guidance.

Can we un-customize some things? 

I'd have to look at what's being undone; if it's things like the PayPal donate button, we'd want to keep those things. It's been a couple of weeks since I looked at what's being overwritten and I'd like to understand the reasoning for the customization in the first place before summarily undoing it. That being said, I'm all about simplicity so if it make sense to let the customization die then let it die.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:27 PM, GSXR55 said:

Can we un-customize some things? 

What's customized:

(1) The Red Skin

(2) The Paypal button

(3) The Weather Widget

(4) The Member badges

(5) The chatbox

Some are required on the desktop view, the tablet view and the phone view.... some are not.

Why not just dump it an go all Facebook?

55 minutes ago, dogpark said:

What's customized:

(1) The Red Skin

(2) The Paypal button

(3) The Weather Widget

(4) The Member badges

(5) The chatbox

Some are required on the desktop view, the tablet view and the phone view.... some are not.

I'm not on Facebook a.k.a facepage, buttbook and liebook and don't like what little I've seen of it. However, if we're at a point where it's time to get rid of the carburetor... so be it. I was hopeful that individual forums might keep going, as people dump fuxkbook. However, that trend is minimal at best. We'll discuss more this winter.

Also, thank-you to you computer guys for handling this stuff, because I certainly don't :)

I don't know how I would vote if we decide to put that up for a vote (FB vs forum) but I don't like some of the people that have 'latched onto' our FB page. Some are complete idiots and that is putting it mildly. So, if we do decide to move to FB, we may want to control group access a little better. Just my opinion.

I do understand that going to FB may be easier than a forum and we may attract more people and those are pros as long as we get rid of assholes. I am on an archery FB page and people that taunt a certain brand or make fun of someone harvest because it's a small deer..etc get banned. Even though I don't agree with some people, you don't see a lot of arguments because people know the rules. The guy that runs it doesn't really give a shit... if he sees you bashing or talking politics or even cussing you're out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree that the Facebook group would need some, er, pruning if it became our main stomping grounds. And I'd better still be allowed to cuss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We used to have the same bunch of goof balls here as you do now on the FB page

... but you would create a new "closed" group STLAR-Private No one would know it was even there except those who were added by other members ... The current page would remain as the outward face, but rides would be in the closed group. There are many different ways to set it up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I like forum's personally. But I'll adapt to whatever.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 6:18 AM, dogpark said:

What's customized:

(1) The Red Skin

(2) The Paypal button

(3) The Weather Widget

(4) The Member badges

(5) The chatbox

I'd think we can get rid of all 5 and not lose much; would have to setup paypal so that we just go in directly and pay STLAR.  

Otherwise, without competent IT help (Jason/Galen), we'd foul the thing up if we do some upgrades.

'All you gotta do is .....'

I don't think a private FB is an equivalent; it would mostly just be a big whatever-thread. And, we'd lose all the rich history that's out here...         

Plus this forum costs very little, or I might have a different opinion.  We just gotta liven it up a bit again; perhaps some harsh criticism/belittling and of course extreme profanity is in order?  

Why the fuck would anybody take a little tiny deer anyway?  LWSFPOB (Left Wing Snowflakes For Protection Of Bambi).... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1