koth442

RPM Aug 25/26

Anybody going to either event? I'm still on the fence if I want to enjoy the Hallett goodness or give RPM a whirl since I've never been there. I'd do both, but ya know... adulting. 

I've decided to do Raceway Park of the Midlands (RPM) on Aug 25/26. Sign up is at the top of the page here Early bird discount is $300 for the weekend. Gotta sign up before Friday the 17th. Hope to see some of you there.

Who puts those on and where is RPM.

@jjester - we never considered either. What do you think? Hallett is likely too close to RA but I'm missing that anyway :( so RPM?

Just now, koth442 said:

RPM = Raceway Park of the Midlands hosted by Trackaddix, link below. Its up near Omaha.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/trackaddix-schedule-of-events

That's less than six hours away - worth considering.

Which one are you leaning more towards?

Really not sure yet, its a tough call. I suppose Hallett is a little cheaper and closer. But new tracks peak my interest.

Our local club did Hallet a few times in recent memory. Was hoping we would go back this year, but did not. Connie Owner/Manager, is about as nice as can be, even called summer of last year and asked what weekends we wanted. Other tracks like Putnam it's always Easter and Independence weekends and a "take it or leave it" additude.

Connie is a sweetheart indeed. Although having to do their HART school first time you're at the track kinda sucked, but whatever.

What school?

HART = Hallett Advanced Riders Training:

"The HART Track Introduction & Rider Training Program

Our program is primarily designed to improve street riding skills by introducing the advantage of track instruction, enhanced by classroom sessions. Our curriculum takes a multifaceted approach, with an instructor-based program designed for all levels of riders' expertise.

Our program’s focus is on the typical motorcycle street rider who is interested in exploring and expanding the potential of their equipment and ability.  Although many of our participants have track experience, the novice group is separated to allow for individual instruction without the worries of a speed differential of faster and/or more experienced riders.

As our focus is on the typical street rider, our team of professional riding instructors is comprised of street-oriented riders, who have cumulatively logged over a million miles. Moreover, these “street instructors” are track proficient as well as highly qualified coaches who have logged thousands of track miles as motorcycle riding and safety instructors. There is no safer place to discover new techniques than at Hallett, the track with a HART."

http://www.hallettracing.net/events/motorcycle-lapping-days/

• Like 2

Looks like RPM is my golden ticket. Hope to see some of you there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have fun.

• Like 1

How was it?

The track has a really fun layout. Allegedly it was designed by the same guy that did Barber. The host TrackAddix is very chill and it wasn't very crowded. The track surface leaves much to be desired, probably on par with Gateway. They run short 8 lap sprint races in the evenings if you want to join. A "superbike" class and a lightweight class. A SV650 or FZ07 would be stuck in superbike.

Saturday we had 2 group format, 30 minute sessions. I dropped 1 tooth on the CS sprocket, new Vortex carbon ceramic pads, and new Q3+ tires. Bike felt very different which took a little bit to get used to. It was too hot though. I'm pretty sure I gave myself a heat stroke. Severe headache and nausea all night / next morning. 

Sunday blew rocks. We got rained on. Not enough to warrant slapping on the rain tires and deal. Just enough to bring the oils out of the track and make it SUPER greasy. It was an open track format, and they normally only run a half day so it was half priced. I did maybe 8 laps throughout the day before packing it in and heading home. 

I'd go back if there was nothing else available to ride and I was really desperate. 

People in the paddock have talked me into trying Hastings. They run the same format, 2 group Saturday, open track half day Sunday but is butter smooth, catered dinner Saturday night and the track owner George is a hoot. I had written off Hastings as its so far from me, but not anymore. I'll be going, probably not 'till next season though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rain is what I worry about every time but glad it was a decent weekend for you. Hopefully the rain stays away for NCM next weekend

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Speed said:

Rain is what I worry about every time but glad it was a decent weekend for you. Hopefully the rain stays away for NCM next weekend

I stil would sell you my race rain's for 100 bucks. I would be willing to bring them to you ; but not sure what evening i can do it as Kishka has a torn ACL and needs surgery. Like I told you but last year so you may not rember my wet track days are over. The tires are  a bit old but i bet they sill have relativly excellent grip. Besides I could use the money.

12 hours ago, Road_Runner said:

I stil would sell you my race rain's for 100 bucks. I would be willing to bring them to you ; but not sure what evening i can do it as Kishka has a torn ACL and needs surgery. Like I told you but last year so you may not rember my wet track days are over. The tires are  a bit old but i bet they sill have relativly excellent grip. Besides I could use the money.

I appreciate it but you know how much I don't like working on my bikes especially at the track. If it's raining enough to need rain tires I sit it out and watch the rain. It looks like it may for next weekend. We're taking the camper so I can even be in the AC while I chill.

1 hour ago, Speed said:

I appreciate it but you know how much I don't like working on my bikes especially at the track. If it's raining enough to need rain tires I sit it out and watch the rain. It looks like it may for next weekend. We're taking the camper so I can even be in the AC while I chill.

I started out by paying to get them changed and then latter had a second set of wheels so it wasn't that bad.

On the other hand I like your plan better and that's basicly my plan as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Road_Runner said:

I started out by paying to get them changed and then latter had a second set of wheels so it wasn't that bad.

On the other hand I like your plan better and that's basicly my plan as well.

I have the second set of wheels... just too lazy. They're still in the shipping box from the time I received them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Speed said:

I have the second set of wheels... just too lazy. They're still in the shipping box from the time I received them.

The wouldn't happen to fit an 06 GSXR 600 would they? :)

44 minutes ago, koth442 said:

The wouldn't happen to fit an 06 GSXR 600 would they? :)

I wouldn't think Honda would make wheels that fit Suzuki ?

On 8/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, koth442 said:

The track has a really fun layout. Allegedly it was designed by the same guy that did Barber.

Not allegedly. Alan Wilson designed both. Along with about 20 others. 

• Like 1