koth442

RPM Aug 25/26

Anybody going to either event? I'm still on the fence if I want to enjoy the Hallett goodness or give RPM a whirl since I've never been there. I'd do both, but ya know... adulting. 

I've decided to do Raceway Park of the Midlands (RPM) on Aug 25/26. Sign up is at the top of the page here Early bird discount is $300 for the weekend. Gotta sign up before Friday the 17th. Hope to see some of you there.

Who puts those on and where is RPM.

@jjester - we never considered either. What do you think? Hallett is likely too close to RA but I'm missing that anyway :( so RPM?

Just now, koth442 said:

RPM = Raceway Park of the Midlands hosted by Trackaddix, link below. Its up near Omaha.

https://www.ducatiomaha.com/pages/trackaddix-schedule-of-events

That's less than six hours away - worth considering.

Which one are you leaning more towards?

Really not sure yet, its a tough call. I suppose Hallett is a little cheaper and closer. But new tracks peak my interest.

Our local club did Hallet a few times in recent memory. Was hoping we would go back this year, but did not. Connie Owner/Manager, is about as nice as can be, even called summer of last year and asked what weekends we wanted. Other tracks like Putnam it's always Easter and Independence weekends and a "take it or leave it" additude.

Connie is a sweetheart indeed. Although having to do their HART school first time you're at the track kinda sucked, but whatever.

What school?

HART = Hallett Advanced Riders Training:

"The HART Track Introduction & Rider Training Program

Our program is primarily designed to improve street riding skills by introducing the advantage of track instruction, enhanced by classroom sessions. Our curriculum takes a multifaceted approach, with an instructor-based program designed for all levels of riders' expertise.

Our program’s focus is on the typical motorcycle street rider who is interested in exploring and expanding the potential of their equipment and ability.  Although many of our participants have track experience, the novice group is separated to allow for individual instruction without the worries of a speed differential of faster and/or more experienced riders.

As our focus is on the typical street rider, our team of professional riding instructors is comprised of street-oriented riders, who have cumulatively logged over a million miles. Moreover, these “street instructors” are track proficient as well as highly qualified coaches who have logged thousands of track miles as motorcycle riding and safety instructors. There is no safer place to discover new techniques than at Hallett, the track with a HART."

http://www.hallettracing.net/events/motorcycle-lapping-days/

• Like 2

Looks like RPM is my golden ticket. Hope to see some of you there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1