ZRX4ME

Culpepper's St. Charles

Hello all, and many thanks to those who attended last evening's Stlar Meeting.

Chris(Hanson) came late after everyone left, and we had a discussion about the conversations and topics of the meeting. One of which was the ceiling leak and bucket in the room, which put a definite damper on the atmosphere.

I called the manager over and diplomatically informed him that we were less than thrilled with the leak and bucket. I explained that we like the place, the food, prices, service, location, all of it except the condition of the room.

He told us that it was condensation from the air conditioning system, and that there was really nothing that they could do about it. I told him that I found that response unsatisfactory, that restaurants and buildings all over the area have roof-mounted a/c systems, and provisions could be made for an external drain. He said he didnt know what else he could do except to talk to the owner. I told him that amid the talk in the room about the situation, I know what we could do--look for another venue to hold our meetings. His take on that was "You have to do what you have to do." Again, to me, not a satisfactory response.

We'll hold our next meeting there, and hopefully the situation will have been rectified.  I'll be checking there several times in the next 3 weeks

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for another restaurant that can accommodate us just in case.

Please feel free to post some alternative places for us, and I'll check them out. I have plenty of time to do that.

Terry

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZRX4ME said:

Hello all, and many thanks to those who attended last evening's Stlar Meeting.

Chris(Hanson) came late after everyone left, and we had a discussion about the conversations and topics of the meeting. One of which was the ceiling leak and bucket in the room, which put a definite damper on the atmosphere.

I called the manager over and diplomatically informed him that we were less than thrilled with the leak and bucket. I explained that we like the place, the food, prices, service, location, all of it except the condition of the room.

He told us that it was condensation from the air conditioning system, and that there was really nothing that they could do about it. I told him that I found that response unsatisfactory, that restaurants and buildings all over the area have roof-mounted a/c systems, and provisions could be made for an external drain. He said he didnt know what else he could do except to talk to the owner. I told him that amid the talk in the room about the situation, I know what we could do--look for another venue to hold our meetings. His take on that was "You have to do what you have to do." Again, to me, not a satisfactory response.

We'll hold our next meeting there, and hopefully the situation will have been rectified.  I'll be checking there several times in the next 3 weeks

Meanwhile, I'll be looking for another restaurant that can accommodate us just in case.

Please feel free to post some alternative places for us, and I'll check them out. I have plenty of time to do that.

Terry

Send Joe to the rescue!  Stupidity!

• Like 1

Screw ‘em. It’s a restaurant ferchrissakes. It’s their business. I can see how these things happen, the manager’s replies run counter to good business sense.

Heres my 2.5 cents,

As long as the service and food is good then the leaking ac dont bother me as long as we can move the tables, but I'm just weird that way lol.

A couple reasons I would be on board with diffeant locations, ..

First would be is if we are paying anything at all for that room, or are required a certain dollar amount in tabs, ..I do know there are many other choices around the stl area that wont cost us anything for them to set aside a room or area for us.  

Another reason would be to give a break to those of us that have to travel a distance to get to the st. Charles area.  Its not far for me, so I'm not complaining lol,  but I know we have members coming from IL and wayyyy down south (perryville). 

So if we where to switch it up among 3 or 4 places I would think it would encourage even more participation from some of us that rarely make the meets for time and location reasons.

Terry, I am going to get ahold of a friend of mine from a car club and have him send me some of the places they have good luck with for some of their monthly meetings. Give me a couple days and I'll post them here in case you want to check them out as potential meet spots in the future.

One I know off the top of my head is Sports Cafe at st. Charles rock road and I-270 (not that far from cullpeppers st. Charles though, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Aaron, the main criteria for a meeting place is:

1) A private room

2) Easy access

3) Fairly central location for most

4) Safe/secure parking

5) Good food at a fair price and decent service

Through the years we've had all 5 items in the 3 Culpepper's locations Stlar has frequented. As I said, I had no problem with St. Charles Culpepper's location at all. Infact, they did a wonderful rehearsal dinner for my son Eric's wedding after the Culpepper's Creve Coeur location closed...and gave Lisa and I one week to find another location.

But when I bring up an obvious issue, and the manager tells me there isnt anything they can do, there is a problem, and not with Stlar. When I mention there is talk of finding another meeting place and am told.."You have to do what you have to do", the problem is magnified.

I'm not looking for a Ruth Kreis Steakhouse, just a decent restaurant with management that actually cares and listens to its patrons. Also, through the years Ive noticed a general deterioration in our meeting room. The north wall is now all rusting metal, the fireplace has airgaps, isnt insulated and allows cold air in when the temps drop, and now this water leak.

I'll be visiting Culpeppers St Charles to see if the room is better. I wont give up one place before I secure another.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Sounds good terry!

I have been crazy busy the last week.  Quilting club, pedicure appts, tea and cucumber brine classes, nude modeling,,,,etc....list goes on.

This evening I will make a phone call and then post a few places here that we may or may not want to take into consideration

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This particular Cullpepper's is the "home bar" of a co-worker of mine.  He confirms the ownership is separate from the management of the restaurant.  And the ownership isn't interested in improving the actual building.  They PAID someone to design that metal wall motif.  It's supposed to make it look industrial-like.

"It's supposed to make it look industrial-like."

Mission Accomplished    Lot of words to describe that wall, "Motif" isnt one of them that comes to mind. Is that unfinished fireplace part of that "Motif"?

I'm still looking. 

7 hours ago, ZRX4ME said:

"It's supposed to make it look industrial-like."

Mission Accomplished    Lot of words to describe that wall, "Motif" isnt one of them that comes to mind. Is that unfinished fireplace part of that "Motif"?

I'm still looking. 

Would be a great motif over by COR Bridge...  You know there's a Hardee's right there...  Next I know we'll be in St. Peter's...

Actually, I'd like something a little more centrally located, a little further southeast of St. Charles.

Scout-a-mania commences tomorrow.

101 Asian Cho Wang's establishment ?

MCRA has their monthly meetings there.

4 hours ago, cyclesailor said:

101 Asian Cho Wang's establishment ?

MCRA has their monthly meetings there.

I believe MCRA also has it's monthly board meeting, on the 1rst Tuesday of the month there as well.