Morbo

MotoGP - Austin 2019 (4/12-4/14)

I think we're looking to make it similar to last year: traveling down on Thursday, 4/11. Starting the drive back Sunday after the race. Of course, logistics are subject to change...

Borrowing from the basic itinerary we've been using the past few years:

Thurs., 4/11 - leave early to get down to Austin that night - 14-hour'ish drive. Assuming we stay in the same place, the hotel is in Buda, TX, just south of Austin (but closer to the track).

Fri., 4/12 - No idea how early we'll get to the track on Friday. It's free practice sessions all day. Off the track, the plan is to hit up the vendor tents, do the demo rides, etc., etc. I think basic requirements for demo rides were helmet and shoes so pack accordingly.

Sat., 4/13 - Get to the track relatively early, if there's no newbs going then we may not need to get there that early since the veterans will know the track layout and where they like to watch.

Sun., 4/14 - Definitely get to the track early to make sure you can get where you want to be. Watch the races then head home, stopping for the night at a hotel at some point.

Mon., 4/15 - Finish the drive home (although, last year Evan and Dave drove through the night)

We've been staying at the Comfort Suites in Buda (https://www.choicehotels.com/texas/buda/comfort-suites-hotels/txc51). The place is decent enough and if you're lucky, you'll get to stalk some Moto3/Moto2 riders.

Transportation: There was an unfortunate turn of events last year and transportation plans went sideways but the usual plan is to drive down, whether we procure a van to hold everyone or need to caravan. Last year I was able to fly, this year will most likely be driving/riding. 

Please post up if you're in... I'll try to keep this main post updated with a roster. 

Roster:

• Me...
  • jjester
  • Irresponsible_robot
  • Upvote 1