Sign in to follow this  
freak

CHAin lube

Thanks for posting this, Ed.

Ive used PJ1, early on, then BelRay SuperClean for years.

These days Ive been using DuPont Chain Saver w/Teflon. Along with Dupont Chain Cleaner. Both about $7 /11oz. can at Walmart.. Not enough miles on the Dupont lube to make a judgement, but for sure is less messy than the SuperClean. The Chain Cleaner is excellent, works well.

The Dupont stuff was recommended in a poll on the Vstrom website, Stromtroopers.com, and it is the most widely used chain lube in the poll. I thought I'd give it a try.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One can of chain lube usually last me about a year. I will go withthe manufacturer’s recommendations before i would get pointers from a YouTuber who comes up with disclaimers that are touchey subjects so he can cash in on viewers numbers that hit his channels. I’m just saying 

I've been using Dupont Chain saver for a while it is cheap. I'm getting over 20k miles per chain, so I think it works.

Wewll Dave, I really didnt spray it on the chain. I merely soaked a shop towel in it and ran the chain through the towel several times. Since this was my 1st time with the Chain Saver I spent an inordinate amount of time running towels through the links, both sides, you name it so I could fairly judge how the Saver was doing without all the accumulated crap that was on it. So far, so good. We shall see!