I came to stlar in spring 2013 as a freshman in college. I had my 1995 EX500 Ninja.

I learned so much about friendship, riding, and bike maintenance from all of you. I bought a speed triple that was out of my league shortly after joining. Thanks to the members of this group, I was able to maintain and safely ride it.

If I'm being honest, I did not like or enjoy my time at school. I had some dark feeling times. I didn't like most of my peers, and I didn't care for STL city. I never felt like I fit in or shared interest. This (STLAR) was my home. You were my second family. I've had numerous people in this group go above and beyond for me. 

Today I received news I passed my North American Pharmacy Licensure Exam (NAPLEX). It's the board exam for pharmacists. Several times I wondered how I would ever make it this far. You guys and gals rooted for me and believed in me from the start. There were several times I doubted myself. There were nights I couldn't sleep, and wondered how/if I was even going to make it through school. STLAR was my getaway. Talking on the site, making rides on the weekend, it was my escape.

I was pissed off my Triumph left me stranded on the way to Bixby but I got a tow home, and a garage to store my bike in thanks to this group. I even got help fixing it up. I was pissed off we got tickets in Hardin IL, but I laugh about it now. There are random meaningless parts from several rides that I remember vividly. 

Thank you to every single one of you that interacted with me, and made these memories with me. There are no groups that can replace you.

I still plan to return once in a while, and make some non-member rides.

Really, I wanted to extend my gratitude for STLAR's hospitality. I learned so much about my riding, my bikes, the meaning of friend's, and myself.

Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Congratulations on your achievement and I am glad you felt this group was part of it. I never doubted your ability to accomplish your work in school but I do understand those moments of doubt. You will encounter similar moments throughout your career but to a lesser degree.

Good luck with your next endeavor and hopefully we will ride together again.

Congrats and good luck. You will be missed around here.

Congrats and it is my pleasure too to have met you. Good luck 

Congratulations, and good to have known you!  I agree, a special group of people.  I hope we can keep it going until the rest of your generation 'matures' into hooliganism...   Good luck; you've picked a career that should keep you in exotic motorcycles!  Let us know when you're coming back to visit!  

Congratulations Casey, it was great knowing and riding with you! 

Congratulations on passing the exam/license. Now welcome to the world of career/job/work, where U will spend the next 30-40 years :wacko:

We'll be here and we'll keep a light on for U. Will ride again some day here, there, elsewhere after U've earned some vacation time from Ur job :wink: