Speed

Chicago Motorcycle Show Feb 7-9

OK, I'll try to arrange the same today and let you guys know. We just need to figure out/adjust start time and route.

I'm getting excite about our little Trip. :D:D

@ZRX4ME is retired 😁 but we need to make sure he'll be up in the morning.

I texted Terry - He said he's good to go if we want to leave early. So, we're set.

Now the logistics need to be worked out.

JJ can be at my house around 9:30? 10?

We pick up Steven next, then Terry, then Galen. If anyone wants to save the side trips, you can also meet at my house and park there too along with JJ.

Getting started at 9:30 or 10 would get us past the rush hour and get us into Chicago before the afternoon rush.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, Speed said:

@ZRX4ME is retired 😁 but we need to make sure he'll be up in the morning.

Don’t ever worry about me being up. It’s me getting to bed the night before that’s usually the issue. What I’ve found through the years is that it’s best to leave the St Louis area between 6:30 am and 7:00 am Friday Feb 7. We get to the hotel mid to late afternoon, settle in to the rooms, then the hotel shuttles us to the Stephens Convention Center. Less crowd to deal with, we can easily see most everything before the show closes for the night, then get shuttled back to the hotel. Good restaurant on the hotel parking lot. GREAT restaurant just 3 streets up from the convention center, the hotel shuttled us there(Ram Sports Bar) as well. Then back to the hotel. The next morning back to the show for final shopping/viewing then shuttled back to the hotel to leave for home 12-1 pm Feb 8. The show gets packed after noon, so both days we shouldn’t  have to fight the hordes to do and see what we want. I’ve been going to the Chicago show every year since the last St Louis show in ‘03(I think). The last 3 years I did the late Friday/early Saturday regimen and it was easy and seamless. 

I'll be at at Speed's house between 7 and 7:20. I have 1 duffle about 24x10x10 inches.

Chicago Weather

Friday: Lake effect snow early, then partly sunny. High: 33, Low: 24

Saturday: Cloudy with flurries. High: 32, Low: 23

• Like 2

IMG_20200207_152949.jpg

IMG_20200207_152904.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Speed said:

IMG_20200207_152949.jpg

Hey this is a cool pic.

• Haha 1

That was a great little getaway. Home safe. Thank you Terry for suggesting it and thanks to everyone for making it so much fun.

Yup.  Another good time!  And the least snowed in I've ever been at the Chicago IMS.

Yes indeed, was the best Chicago Bike Show yet for me. New Fieldsheer heated gloves and vest with self-contained Li batteries, was able to score a 2020 Suzuki Accessories Catalog(put away for someone else who didn’t pick it up), and lots of Suzuki mechanical information from the factory district service manager. Now thinking about an electric-assist bicycle for Lisa after seeing them in action. The deep metalflake  flake emerald green Kawasaki 900rs would be mine if I decide to part with my Honda 750 and Kawasaki ZRX1100. Many thanks to Khaled, Steven, Galen, and JJ for making this trip so enjoyable!

• Like 1